Cricket 19 General Discussion

How is everyone getting on with backfoot play? In prior games I was pretty good on the hook and pull, reasonable on the cut and a bit ropey on the backfoot drive, but I’m rubbish at everything at the moment... either miss or edge or pop up in square leg area...

Any tips?

Btw this is not a complaint it’s nice to have a challenge! My timing isn’t great even on the front foot but I manage to nail the odd nice drive but backfoot I’m really struggling!!
what difficulty settings??

How is everyone getting on with backfoot play? In prior games I was pretty good on the hook and pull, reasonable on the cut and a bit ropey on the backfoot drive, but I’m rubbish at everything at the moment... either miss or edge or pop up in square leg area...

Any tips?

Btw this is not a complaint it’s nice to have a challenge! My timing isn’t great even on the front foot but I manage to nail the odd nice drive but backfoot I’m really struggling!!

Same for me with hooking and cut if i go easy batting it to easy but i struggle to hit any 6s.
Its all front foot drives and odd leg glance i got.
But i am not the most patient.
i do feel the ball bouncing bit high for me.
again not a complaint just need help.

Why this happening in the game?... Look at 4th & 11th minute in below video...

Last edited:
Much improved game. However some things need patching asap and more urgently than other things. I hope Big Ant and Matt look at these before the small things. Those that really need looking at first and foremost are the following.

1- AI amount of wides by short balls, I've had the AI bowl a 13 ball over (5 wides in a row) as well as an 11 ball over. Regularly have 7/8 ball overs.
2- AI sometimes not taking a run to third man/fine leg. Not often but happens.
3- Playing hook or slog sweep can result in that silly cut/reverse shot again that was in previous game. Ahh.
4- I know we all wanted the keeper improved and they listened, it's much better now ...... but now he is like superman.
5- The biggest thing for me, seeing as I like batting with the pro camera is that annoying frame skip. Really irritating.
6- DRS wrong decisions and wrongly losing reviews.
7- I had the ball go through the bat and bowl me like in the video above also. Only mine was even higher up the bat, was literally the middle of the bat.

It was there in Ashes but patched later
similar issue like batsman or keeper walking through the stumps (while running), bowlers and fielders walk through umpires.

I guess may be the players and objects are not identified as solid bodies in animation, thereby not deviating to avoid any collision. Am don’t know much about animations though.

Those I stated are not that important but ball passing through the bat (occasionally) is something to be looked up and patched. May be the other similar issues as well.

Apart from it obviously needing patching it is something you only see in slow replay mode. There are threads on this in the Ashes forum dealing with the actual causes of this, it not being the game cheating on you as such but graphical anomalies. If people want to pick out those two moments from an 15 minute video and highlight it well that is up to you.

Where is the pro bowling camera which i saw in the Demo version of the game,and there is noo pro catching as well when i am fielding.
Help me guys if i am doing it wrong in the settings.
All of them are there, I use all 3!

Apart from it obviously needing patching it is something you only see in slow replay mode. There are threads on this in the Ashes forum dealing with the actual causes of this, it not being the game cheating on you as such but graphical anomalies. If people want to pick out those two moments from an 11 minute video and highlight it well that is up to you.

You seem to have a habit for being either extremely defensive or with little sarcastic digs I've noticed to anyone who dares mention anything wrong.

similar issue like batsman or keeper walking through the stumps (while running), bowlers and fielders walk through umpires.

I guess may be the players and objects are not identified as solid bodies in animation, thereby not deviating to avoid any collision. Am don’t know much about animations though.

Those I stated are not that important but ball passing through the bat (occasionally) is something to be looked up and patched. May be the other similar issues as well.
Collision detection has always been a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread