Cricket 19 General Discussion

Just finished bowling in an ODI on the new patch.

The Good :
The leg side flick was only played twice which went to the boundary.

AI played a lot of straight lofted shots.

Did not see any drop catch.

Did not see any super human catch.

The Bad:
The highlights package still has caps appearing and disappearing. Thought this was fixed in patch 1.06.
IMG_20190621_210756__01.jpg

Keeper still reacts as is every ball is coming to him and also still starts running in when bouncer is bowled.

Apart from wicket keeper moving away from his position, even the umpires move away now. (Though getting into field Editor and exiting resets it)

The Ugly:
AI does not take singles in the deep because of outfielders coming in too much, too soon. (Had previously reported the issue with in-game screenshots)

Bouncer for the over bug still happens, on top of it the cutscene for it is all messed up. Below is how it looks like.
Screenshot_20190621-205823__01.jpg

One of the replay angle now has keeper as the centre focus and not the batsman. Below is a screenshot of replay for a leg glance which went for a boundary.
IMG_20190621_210414.jpg

Inner ring circle fielders are still outside the thirty yard circle when the ball is bowled.

I'm yet to bat on the new patch. Will report back once I complete the match.

xAMrjYk.jpg

As Mohammed Sherry says above and shows us from his game, same issue with highlights in mine, the caps go on and off in highlights

I'm onto the 3rd Test now of my 3 Match Series v Australia 2012 in Tour Mode. I have had to create a new custom difficulty which suits me, called Hard Legend, I use bowling on easy however because I dont use a bowling HUD.

I also had a rain delay, the players went off sure but the only way I knew it had rained is because the forecast showed a rainy cloud and I saw some light rain, but not graphic came up saying rain stopped play? I also knew as the time jumped on to 12.40pm after like 10 overs

3Rh5sqi.jpg

The image above is a 5 second cutscene of the batsman randomly walking off, no explanation as to why.

Maybe what we should have is a cutscene whereby the Umpires having a short chat with the fielding captain and batsmen, then they walk off, with a graphic saying rain delay, rain stopped play, and make the cutscene not just 5 seconds.

I was lucky I put down my 7UP just before or I'd missed it taking a quick drink break myself.

How about a cutscene for this and bad light or something?

I also feel maybe we need two rain levels, a heavier rain, maybe someone has seen heavier rainfall happen? dark clouds maybe too? for effect?

Last edited:
Just finished bowling in an ODI on the new patch.

The Good :
The leg side flick was only played twice which went to the boundary.

AI played a lot of straight lofted shots.

Did not see any drop catch.

Did not see any super human catch.

The Bad:
The highlights package still has caps appearing and disappearing. Thought this was fixed in patch 1.06.
View attachment 223391

Keeper still reacts as is every ball is coming to him and also still starts running in when bouncer is bowled.

Apart from wicket keeper moving away from his position, even the umpires move away now. (Though getting into field Editor and exiting resets it)

The Ugly:
AI does not take singles in the deep because of outfielders coming in too much, too soon. (Had previously reported the issue with in-game screenshots)

Bouncer for the over bug still happens, on top of it the cutscene for it is all messed up. Below is how it looks like.
View attachment 223389

One of the replay angle now has keeper as the centre focus and not the batsman. Below is a screenshot of replay for a leg glance which went for a boundary.
View attachment 223390

Inner ring circle fielders are still outside the thirty yard circle when the ball is bowled.

I'm yet to bat on the new patch. Will report back once I complete the match.

"AI played a lot of straight lofted shots."

I still have to giggle when people are saying this, without actually realizing that EVERY SHOT in this game is hit straight whether its by the Human or AI player..............unless Wind moves it in the air, but otherwise......they are ALL straight.

"AI played a lot of straight lofted shots."

I still have to giggle when people are saying this, without actually realizing that EVERY SHOT in this game is hit straight whether its by the Human or AI player..............unless Wind moves it in the air, but otherwise......they are ALL straight.
They mean straight as in "in the V". Or between mid off and mid on.

Yes I know he must have meant within the scope of the V looking ahead.

Must admit I love the game generally, technically in everything else it has organic-ness coming out of its pores, the AI in each individual in terms of their movement whilst watching replays from a high view is impressive.

Any news on if todays patch has remedied this, and i dont want to exaggerate but...quite massive issue - and i believe it is?

I would doubt it.
I think the latest patch had more to do with game crashes prevention rather than fixing gameplay bugs. Anyways fingers crossed that Big Ant is at least aware of it and looking to solve it in the next patch along with other spotted bugs.

Anyways i almost exclusively play tours. In the physics settings, i increase the pace bowler min speed to 60 and increase the pace bowler max speed to 90 while i bat. In my opinion it is very similar to the pace bowlers' speed of the Play Now mode. Of course you could tinker it to your heart's content and find just the right speed for you.

When the AI bats, i revert the physics to default. Takes about 2 seconds and is a perfect work around until Big Ant fixes it eventually.

So in other words, you have no idea.
having a a genuine guess mate arn't I aloud to if your coming on here to pick fights or just muck around don't bother coming as everyone seems to get along around here it seems to be in a good place everyone enjoying the game and interacting but you are that one guy that has to be a genuine smart *** and ruin everything just back off mate nothing nice to stay don't say it plz everyone entitled to a opinion alright

Users who are viewing this thread