Cricket 19 General Discussion

[HASHTAG]#Few[/HASHTAG] more bowling actions
[HASHTAG]#Few[/HASHTAG] more batting styles
[HASHTAG]#Better[/HASHTAG] and realistic AI field settings
[HASHTAG]#Smart[/HASHTAG] batting by AI
[HASHTAG]#Smart[/HASHTAG] captaincy by AI as in changing bowlers etc

Hopefully they would work on above for one hell of a game this time around
Apart from these, the most important things are Weather changes, pitches degradation in test matches

I think they're referring to a Story mode. Which would require immense resources, and if not executed well would be awful.
Doesn't have to be that long. Just throw in a few cut scenes and twists. Buy hey if people don't want an extra mode that could add a great deal of flare and make the game a great game then who am I to argue.

Doesn't have to be that long. Just throw in a few cut scenes and twists. Buy hey if people don't want an extra mode that could add a great deal of flare and make the game a great game then who am I to argue.
Personally, I can't see the point of story mode in any sports game at all. However, if that was something BA felt possible and valuable to a game, I'd sooner the existing modes reached their potential before they added it. But like @Parcelmoose says, the resources needed are probably far too great at this point.

Personally, I can't see the point of story mode in any sports game at all. However, if that was something BA felt possible and valuable to a game, I'd sooner the existing modes reached their potential before they added it. But like @Parcelmoose says, the resources needed are probably far too great at this point.
Its a bit like commentary: once you have heard it once you have heard it for ever. A deepening of career mode or making touring mode flexible and utterly customisable would be great; I would love to see say a five year touring mode in which you play home and away against all the test nations and the stats accumalate during that time.....didnt C07 have something like that?

Its a bit like commentary: once you have heard it once you have heard it for ever. A deepening of career mode or making touring mode flexible and utterly customisable would be great; I would love to see say a five year touring mode in which you play home and away against all the test nations and the stats accumalate during that time.....didnt C07 have something like that?
A test team mode of that nature would be my perfect mode. Maybe over four years, to include a WT20 and 50 Over World Cup, although eight even better. A couple of options would be great (round robin or based on FTP) with a custom option to fill fixture slots in your own way. Customise the format of the world cups etc.

Throw in a secondary mode to play as an associate, with associate tournaments and the opportunity to qualify for international tournaments, even better. Bonus, if you succeed at winning the associate tournaments and making waves at the major tournaments you can unlock a slot in the test mode to add your associate team as a test nation.

I don't know how tough it would be to add but just letting us create our own equivalent of an FTP would be great and then jump in as a team. Something cool to share community wise as well.

I really don’t expect too much from the story build in the career mode. My view on this is that BA is trying something new, so I would feel happy if whatever they implement (or wanted to implement) comes out as bug free. If it’s bug free to start with, any new addition to the story in Career mode (like contract negotiation/Comparing ur performance with the competitor and so on) can be added in later stages as patches or bettered in next iteration.

Last edited:
A test team mode of that nature would be my perfect mode. Maybe over four years, to include a WT20 and 50 Over World Cup, although eight even better. A couple of options would be great (round robin or based on FTP) with a custom option to fill fixture slots in your own way. Customise the format of the world cups etc.

Throw in a secondary mode to play as an associate, with associate tournaments and the opportunity to qualify for international tournaments, even better. Bonus, if you succeed at winning the associate tournaments and making waves at the major tournaments you can unlock a slot in the test mode to add your associate team as a test nation.

I don't know how tough it would be to add but just letting us create our own equivalent of an FTP would be great and then jump in as a team. Something cool to share community wise as well.

I created a league in each format but having a two-division relegation option would be a huge plus.

I’ve always thought that an amalgamated league combining Test, ODI and T20Is would be great. Then you have a division below with International First Class, List A and T20 status.

I really don’t expect too much from the story build in the career mode. My view on this is that BA is trying something new, so I would feel happy if whatever they implement (or wanted to implement) comes out as bug free. If it’s bug free to start with, any new addition to the story in Career mode (like contract negotiation/Comparing ur performance with the competitor and so on) can be added in later stages as patches or bettered in next iteration.

Yeah, getting what they’ve done previously correct first is the priority. Only then should they add further depth which is of course welcome. Otherwise we’ll just end up with more broken stuff and added frustrations.

I created a league in each format but having a two-division relegation option would be a huge plus.

I’ve always thought that an amalgamated league combining Test, ODI and T20Is would be great. Then you have a division below with International First Class, List A and T20 status.
Yeah, I agree.

I think the Women's Ashes, with the points system is a great innovation. I think they tried it with England v Pakistan in the men's game and nothing came of it, but if there was a single league or ranking system it might create more interest. Honestly, who cares about the Test Cricket Mace? It just seems like such a sensible way to go. Purists would probably hate it, but I see it as one way to maintain the relevance of test cricket by making those matches offer the most points.

You could have points for an overall combined series victory which would allow bilateral agreements for the number of games.

I would also echo earlier sentiments of being reluctant toward a full fledged story mode. A more immersive career mode with options like injuries, stats (including all other players), fatigue, milestones, new contracts for leagues every year, customization (i.e. design + apparel etc), and everything already suggested would be much better. At least for me personally.

Dame it's been a month since this game got announced, we really need something new now like pictures or videos etc.

Probably they are waiting for few more negotiations and licenses or tweaking the bugs so that they won't have much work near the rekease

I would also echo earlier sentiments of being reluctant toward a full fledged story mode. A more immersive career mode with options like injuries, stats (including all other players), fatigue, milestones, new contracts for leagues every year, customization (i.e. design + apparel etc), and everything already suggested would be much better. At least for me personally.
I agree. I would far rather have an enhanced career mode than a story mode. The thing that I would most like to see in career mode is some notion of playing for your place. If you get a poor run of form you should be dropped but with a chance to play well to get your place back. I wouldn't even mind if they integrated the nets practice mode into career mode so you may have to prove your worth (or fitness) in the nets before possibly getting back into the side...and you need to prove yourself in the side to get the potential to make it to first class level and then on to international level. I would even like the idea of having a 2nd eleven for club and first class sides (and A teams for internationals) that you may drop into coming back from injury or following a drop in form or start off in as you make your way up.

I think that knowing, going into a match, if you didn't get a decent score or take some wickets or bowl economically the chances are you would get dropped was high, it would add more tension and excitement. Similarly knowing that a good run of form is likely to put you in contention for a promotion if you can see that other players above you are struggling would be good. Currently career mode lacks any feeling of this.

I agree. I would far rather have an enhanced career mode than a story mode. The thing that I would most like to see in career mode is some notion of playing for your place. If you get a poor run of form you should be dropped but with a chance to play well to get your place back. I wouldn't even mind if they integrated the nets practice mode into career mode so you may have to prove your worth (or fitness) in the nets before possibly getting back into the side...and you need to prove yourself in the side to get the potential to make it to first class level and then on to international level. I would even like the idea of having a 2nd eleven for club and first class sides (and A teams for internationals) that you may drop into coming back from injury or following a drop in form or start off in as you make your way up.

I think that knowing, going into a match, if you didn't get a decent score or take some wickets or bowl economically the chances are you would get dropped was high, it would add more tension and excitement. Similarly knowing that a good run of form is likely to put you in contention for a promotion if you can see that other players above you are struggling would be good. Currently career mode lacks any feeling of this.

I’m pretty sure that I did get dropped but you just kind of unceremoniously missed a match. I dropped out of Ashes a while ago but look forward to the new game. Fingers crossed.

Maybe you could have a pop up screen (Or even conversation like FIFA transfer negotiations) with words from the captain advising you’ve been dropped or even have a ‘place in the team security bar’ that fills up from red through amber to green so going into a match you know how close you are to being dropped so the pressure’s on. This could be in the top corner of the screen but maybe the whole team could have this bar in a little tab so you can see how safe other players in your role are.

I think that the general consensus here is that we all want what Big Ant has done before to be correct then enhance career mode. Polish and enhance what we’ve got then add new layers of depth and immersion. I think that the word ‘story’ is scaring a few people off. I’m not really familiar with FIFA Journey but think additional features to Career could be great. Having said that, let’s have great gameplay and correct statistics first then build from there. If the cricket fundamentals are broken the rest is irrelevant.

@MattW One more thing, I would like BA to correct is the algorithm that picks the MOM. The MOM is generally awarded to the player (top performer) in the winning side, but in Ashes I found it being awarded to top performer of the game irrespective of their team losing the game. It’s must be a correctable, I hope it is taken care in Cricket 19.

Users who are viewing this thread