Cricket 19 General Discussion

@MattW One more thing, I would like BA to correct is the algorithm that picks the MOM. The MOM is generally awarded to the player (top performer) in the winning side, but in Ashes I found it being awarded to top performer of the game irrespective of their team losing the game. It’s must be a correctable, I hope it is taken care in Cricket 19.
Just to set myself up for future blame when people hate the outcomes - I personally did some tweaking to the player of the match selection process, so I think it has been improved.

There are still cases where someone from the losing side will win, but there's a stronger weighting towards performances on the winning team and a bit more emphasis on where players have reached a milestone. There's still difficulties when coming at it with a formula when weighting batting performances against bowling ones, though the equation is different per format, so for example constraining runs is weighted stronger in a limited overs match than in a test.

Just to set myself up for future blame when people hate the outcomes - I personally did some tweaking to the player of the match selection process, so I think it has been improved.

There are still cases where someone from the losing side will win, but there's a stronger weighting towards performances on the winning team and a bit more emphasis on where players have reached a milestone. There's still difficulties when coming at it with a formula when weighting batting performances against bowling ones, though the equation is different per format, so for example constraining runs is weighted stronger in a limited overs match than in a test.
Sounds good @MattW But can’t there be way to consider only the performance of players in the winning side for MOM thereby avoiding any chance of MOM from losing side (however strong an individual’s performance in the losing side) or considering some negative weightage for losing ??

Sounds good @MattW But can’t there be way to consider only the performance of players in the winning side for MOM thereby avoiding any chance of MOM from losing side (however strong an individual’s performance in the losing side) or considering some negative weightage for losing ??

Read Matt's post. Stronger weighting for winning side is the same thing as a negative weighting for the losing side.
And never having a losing player win MoM is unrealistic.

Out of interest, am I the only one who has never played a World Cup tournament on the Ashes game? Despite always being in the ODI team i would have a blank calendar for the entire tournament and would then receive a message telling me the tournament was over! Never had this problem with T20's though.

Is this a bug in my game or did it happen to everyone? Either way, i'd like to be able to play a World Cup in career mode in Cricket 19

Out of interest, am I the only one who has never played a World Cup tournament on the Ashes game? Despite always being in the ODI team i would have a blank calendar for the entire tournament and would then receive a message telling me the tournament was over! Never had this problem with T20's though.

Is this a bug in my game or did it happen to everyone? Either way, i'd like to be able to play a World Cup in career mode in Cricket 19
I never made it to the international team :P

though the equation is different per format, so for example constraining runs is weighted stronger in a limited overs match than in a test.
This sounds like a great addition. I might be mistaken but this wasn't the case in previous titles. And I agree with the earlier post and the logic that the MOM should occasionally go to a player on the losing team, albeit only sometimes as an exception.

There is a bug in Ashes that career players are not considered for the ODI World Cup. I'm not sure if this is what you meant. T20 World Cup selection works fine though, so if you were selected there, then yes, it's the bug.

I think that knowing, going into a match, if you didn't get a decent score or take some wickets or bowl economically the chances are you would get dropped was high, it would add more tension and excitement. Similarly knowing that a good run of form is likely to put you in contention for a promotion if you can see that other players above you are struggling would be good. Currently career mode lacks any feeling of this.

I like this. This would be great definitely. However, I will say that a precarious position in selection should only be in effect until we reach a certain point in development. So, let's say once we cross an overall rating of 90 or so, that precarity with regards to selection should be less pronounced. So someone like Rayudu's position might be more precarious whereas even if Bumrah goes out and has ten or so bad games, his position is still pretty locked on.

TBH with you are right but I don't think that the may release has got nothing do with it as I believe that the license would have agreed on a release date with their county cricket starting over night AFL Evo 2 doesn't have a date on it yet as their ceo wants the game to be 100% complete and a couple of licensing agreements to with the AFL I personally think big ant would have better sales as with cricket been world wide but that doesn't say big ant are better devs wicket witch are better devs I do believe they are just with personally been there with the community they actually do listen to feedback which big ant lack I can shoot them a message on facebook and they get back at least they can handle criticism they thrive on it that enough from me I am getting a bit heated I believe wicked witch are a multi million dollar company but neither to say big ant have published a lot of good title it just a few issues they lack

Codswallop.

Codswallop.

Really? I think you'll find that the World Cup and Ashes have been entirely planned by the ECB/CA around the video game release of a footy game in the winter of Melbourne, as soon as they understand the AFL release date they'll shift their dates accordingly :)

FWIW We are extraordinarily active on Social, emails are all 100% answered, we have people employed to do that and nothing else. Regardless, we don't need to speak in order to listen - many, many of the elements of DBC14, DBC17, Ashes, and now Cricket19 have had input from this very site.

PS: Great name for a Cricket Developer...
wicket witch

Last edited:
Really? I think you'll find that the World Cup and Ashes have been entirely planned by the ECB/CA around the video game release of a footy game in the winter of Melbourne, as soon as they understand the AFL release date they'll shift their dates accordingly :)

FWIW We are extraordinarily active on Social, emails are all 100% answered, we have people employed to do that and nothing else. Regardless, we don't need to speak in order to listen - many, many of the elements of DBC14, DBC17, Ashes, and now Cricket19 have had input from this very site.

PS: Great name for a Cricket Developer...
Pretty sure I said that you guys where not planning around afl evo 2 and whoops mean wicked witch but ross is back which is good I guess

Users who are viewing this thread