Cricket 24 - General Discussion

I could be again wrong with this... but BA get the heat for it a lot.

I'm sure the marketing is all NACON. BA do what they say in terms of any chat about it.

That is a fair point but I’m genuinely not aware of any producer being unwilling to market a game. Just a bizarre situation all around.

That is a fair point but I’m genuinely not aware of any producer being unwilling to market a game. Just a bizarre situation all around.
Not to make @BigAntStudios feel bad...
May be Nacon not confident of marketing @BigAntStudios game after AFL23 ?? The delay in revealing or sharing the details makes me think so.

My only defence for this is them waiting for the Asia Cup to be over so that all the hype is about the upcoming WC and then they go full swing with the promotions.

But I swear last time, they had reviewers testing out the game on Youtube by this time.

My only defence for this is them waiting for the Asia Cup to be over so that all the hype is about the upcoming WC and then they go full swing with the promotions.

But I swear last time, they had reviewers testing out the game on Youtube by this time.
Still believe game is in stage where if it's shown to customers now people would be least bothered to buy it. They will be working on till the release date and even after that to make it playable. Cricket 22 has left that kind of a mark.

Still believe game is in stage where if it's shown to customers now people would be least bothered to buy it. They will be working on till the release date and even after that to make it playable. Cricket 22 has left that kind of a mark.
c22.jpg

People out here acting like Cricket 22 is a 40% game. It had a rough start, yes (was made during lockdown) but to be 80% now is an admirable thing. There are some fielding quirks but it ain't as bad as people make it out to be.

hopefully it wil be best cricket game just need to wait . even if its not good enough wil buy it :p

View attachment 283271

People out here acting like Cricket 22 is a 40% game. It had a rough start, yes (was made during lockdown) but to be 80% now is an admirable thing. There are some fielding quirks but it ain't as bad as people make it out to be.
The biggest issue with fielding is it ranges from the sublime to the ridiculous. There's some really good moments but all too often accompanied by several instances of European Cricket level fielding.

The middle, stock standard fielding, which probably makes up 90% of professional cricket is too small.

You also can't escape it because fielding is always happening whether you bat or bowl so it just puts the focus on it more than anything.

BA's lack of marketing on C24 is reminiscent to Trickstar's marketing of Ashes'13, although Trickstar had released some screenshots and everyone could see they were headed for a debacle. Personally, I am keeping expectations from BA very low. Production quality is likely to be similar to C22 and the October launch window is very problematic given several AAA games releasing that month. I don't think cricket world cup would be enough to assist C24 in sales given the quality and value of those AAA games. It is likely that BA would not release the game in October but start marketing in that month, which would also not leave a good impression as far as trust factor is concerned. But despite my misgivings of BA's cricket iterations, I nevertheless hope that BA and Nacon do not face the same outcome as Trickstar and 505.

The biggest issue with fielding is it ranges from the sublime to the ridiculous. There's some really good moments but all too often accompanied by several instances of European Cricket level fielding.

The middle, stock standard fielding, which probably makes up 90% of professional cricket is too small.

You also can't escape it because fielding is always happening whether you bat or bowl so it just puts the focus on it more than anything.
I've said it before, but a lot of the game's bad fielding is quite realistically bad - it looks just like the sort of wonky fielding you find in lower levels of club cricket - so I'd like to keep some of that for Tufnell level international fielders.

I reckon there's a lot of potential entertainment from players with poor ratings doing stuff in an appropriately bad way.

I've said it before, but a lot of the game's bad fielding is quite realistically bad - it looks just like the sort of wonky fielding you find in lower levels of club cricket - so I'd like to keep some of that for Tufnell level international fielders.

I reckon there's a lot of potential entertainment from players with poor ratings doing stuff in an appropriately bad way.
It can be difficult to differentiate between a poor fielder making a mistake, which then becomes lumped in with instances where the outcome is correct (e.g. batter is caught) but the animation is wonky (fielder is looking into the crowd and jumps to take the ball from behind him) and genuine bugs. Also, far more likely to have bias towards those instances that don't go your way.

Seeing a leap in quality from club cricket to professional would be one of those things you would want to be noticeable. While, just for an example, going from seeing 2 or 3 very good fielders in club cricket, up to 8 or 9 very good ones in a top level professional.

It'd actually be one way of making the difficulty naturally increase too. If you're able to steal singles in club cricket because of slower fielders that miss direct hits more frequently; then all of a sudden at a professional side the level is higher and it becomes clearly more difficult.

Last edited:
I know BA said that fielding would be hugely overhauled in this version of the game.

But have they mentioned any other significant changes to C24 gameplay compared to C22?

It'd actually be one way of making the difficulty naturally increase too. If you're able to steal singles in club cricket because of slower fielders that miss direct hits more frequently; then all of a sudden at a professional side the level is higher and it becomes clearly more difficult.
Yes, very much so.

This is exactly what happens in real cricket. You go up a level and the fielders are just much better at making ground and releasing the ball quickly. The difference when you get involved in plays with the oppo pro are usually quite revealing - everything happens faster, the ball is much quicker through the air and harder off the bat.

A really basic difference - can fielders perform a good slide to gather and release quickly or are they stumbling around trying to pick the ball up on the run.

Yes, very much so.

This is exactly what happens in real cricket. You go up a level and the fielders are just much better at making ground and releasing the ball quickly. The difference when you get involved in plays with the oppo pro are usually quite revealing - everything happens faster, the ball is much quicker through the air and harder off the bat.

A really basic difference - can fielders perform a good slide to gather and release quickly or are they stumbling around trying to pick the ball up on the run.

In that case, wouldn't it be better to have the quality of the fielding rated to the fielding stat for each player (i.e. the likes of a Jadeja would be an ideal person to have on the boundary to save the boundaries and take the difficult catches whilst say the likes of a lower rated player would make a mistake or let the boundary happen)?

It would in essence add another dimension to the game with the fielding setting being player applicable like in the real game - if that makes sense.

Yeah, that's the idea. Lower levels of cricket have lower rated fielders who should be slower and generally worse at fielding.

It'd be great if you could really see the difference between having Ponting at cover rather than Tufnell - rather than potentially seeing the same AI fielder behave like either Ponting or Tufnell depending on random stuff we don't have much of a clue about.

Ratings in general don’t have as much of an impact in the game as they should have.

To the defence of BA, it’s not something FIFA has nailed down either. I’ve only noticed the differences in different attribute ratings in recent editions and even then it really isn’t that significant.

Users who are viewing this thread