Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
If they abandon the game now,Big ant will loose all their reputation and goodwill.This sort of releases make or break a game studio.TBH i ll be worried if i was a rugby fan,i think they might have to delay rugby game a bit further.
The ign review will send alarm bells ringing
AFL players were warning us all along to keep our expectations low, now it is our time to warn Rugby players

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
G
In all seriousness, a score of 5 is quite bad by gaming standards. Push it any lower and you’d get into borderline unplayable territory which this isn’t thankfully for those who took one for the team.
Post automatically merged:

And so the circle and cycle of life continues…
Gollum got 4 from IGN, AFL was not reviewed. So they might have thought it is better than Gollum and gave 5

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
G

Gollum got 4 from IGN, AFL was not reviewed. So they might have thought it is better than Gollum and gave 5

Knowing how less of thought goes into the final score from the editors in gaming review sites it wouldn’t surprise me if that was the only criteria.

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Knowing how less of thought goes into the final score from the editors in gaming review sites it wouldn’t surprise me if that was the only criteria.
Yeah IGN gave EA FC 24 a 7, while constantly in the review mentioning how the game is not a upgrade from previous title

Hester

County Cricketer
Worth adding as well that there were no visuals in pitch wear, and with the game finishing about 1.5hrs into the morning on day 4, no noticeable pitch behaviour difference. Again, something you'd honestly think they'd look at.
Wow. That really is the final nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah IGN gave EA FC 24 a 7, while constantly in the review mentioning how the game is not a upgrade from previous title

That dissonance between the score and the review content is because the authors never hand out the final score as far as I know.

It’s also why it’s usually recommended to read the review in full rather than have a glance at the final score and decide. Reckon we might have had 4 or even 3 given to this one if the author gave the score (another reason why someone like ACG’s reviews work because he does the entire thing himself).

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
I do hope code masters or EA sport release their amazing cricket games again. People would shut up and appreciate what BA is doing

Oh, you mean those EA and Codemasters (BLIC 2007 was the only outright bad release for me) games I had a ton of fun with at the time? Those games that weren't afraid to change things from release to release? I appreciated them for what they mostly were - fairly casual but immersive games that I would say improved the cricket gaming genre in general. They were also released at a time when sports games were more casual than they are now. BAS has done a lot of great things that have really advanced the genre since DBC 14 and pushed it in a more serious direction - but that doesn't make them immune to criticism. It doesn't make anyone immune. In the two hours I played 24 before the refund, it felt like one of the most stale video games I've ever played, all while carrying forward issues from the previous two games.

The reviews coming in from both consumers and reviewers have said it all, quite frankly.

Users who are viewing this thread