Cricket 24 - General Discussion

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Considering Big Ant's track record with Cricket 22, they'll likely release patches for this game that either makes things better or worse and give up after 5-6 months.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I appreciate everyone's feedback so far, I know there's a lot of posts tagging me to try and reply, but I will just comment in general on some of the things mentioned. I really am not in a position to speak for Big Ant, so I'm always very cautious about what I post on here, as many seem to interpret anything I post as a company line, it really isn't.

I can first point out and confirm the day one build numbers, you can see the build numbers on the main menu (the final 4 digits) - including in some of the photographs posted.
PS4 1412/1413 (depending on region), PS5 1414, Xbox One 1338, Xbox Series 1339, Steam 1415.

Due to processes the Xbox is slightly behind the other platforms at launch, however we intend to synchronise them with an update early next week.

I know people hear it a lot and think it's a bit of a cliche, but the development process means many improvements require a lot of work on the foundations before they can fully shine - content that has been worked on for months and months in the lead up completes final approvals and polish after the points where deadlines are for getting discs made, the nature of cricket as a year round sport is that the timeframes can vary wildly.

That's true even between the builds you're watching being played and the builds you'll play from launch day onward. I suppose one example of that, the statistics update pass was left as late as possible to make it as up to date at launch as it can be.

There's a good chunk of feedback in the thread that is already addressed in the day one build, but once people have had their hands on it, we'll be looking to take that on board.

One I suppose I'll comment on that you've seen from the videos isn't there is a hud update. We have a refresh designed and planned from the graphical design standpoint, just it's one of those things where people have polar opposite opinions. Some view a change like that as just a "coat of paint" and we should focus on more important improvements, and then the opposite view is the idea that the game is the 'same' because a visual aspect remained unchanged. It was a coin flip in terms of priorities, it landed on putting other UI changes above it in terms of the coding - so you got stuff like the different frontend themes, which a lot of players appreciated in Cricket 19, as well as a lot of changes to the other screens that make up the in game UI.

I know there's some strong critics in the thread, even if you're someone not convinced on day one, I hope there's stuff you'll see as people get the game, or if need be through post release updates that change your mind. I hope we can make even our harshest critics happy over time.
@MattW

Matt without wishing to be a dick but it has been a week since you posted this. Any chance of you reacting to it now that the game has been released and people are struggling to see anything that might justify some of your comments or give hope that issues are being resolved. I appreciate the position you are in.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
I'm pretty sure I can say it's on board haha
It may be on board but it seems to be hiding somehere deep in the hull of the wreck hoping no one finds it as it tries to stow a way to Cuckooland:D

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Of more importance is whether it leads to effective action or not as without it there isn’t much use of some of the topics being discussed here being on board.

rangersw12

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Despite the obvious issues with the game I'm still having a great Ashes test match , Aussies need 236 to win with day and a bit to go.

Right arm bowlers to left handed batter lines seem to be much better . Also when batting it felt really tricky for 35 overs or so then seemed to stop moving as much and got easier.

If they sort out the pitch and weather then it will an excellent game especially playing tests

Hopefully they will also update the Test Championship aswell

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
How hard can it be for the keeper to stand in a position where he can gather the ball and take the stumps down quickly in a run out situation. Idk anything about coding but surely it cant be that hard.
It is coded that way because otherwise the wicketkeeper takes all ten wickets as stumpings as the code seems to be too cumbersome to do it any other way.

Its like the throws to the stump now where a team mate dives in front of the stumps to stop a direct hit ffs.

There’s your “overhauled fielding” right there.

The engine needs to be thrown out and if they are truly passionate about cricket gaming they put their hands up and say we got this wrong lets build something that will be a true legacy of this great sport.

Users who are viewing this thread