Cricket 24 - General Discussion

With the most recent patch, some of the licensed County players actually have decent playfaces. Danny Briggs actually looks really good, barring his Rock eyebrow raise. Paul Walter is really short while @wasteyouryouth's custom version is really tall. Big Ant, I beg you: Fix Sam Hain please.

I'll admit I'm seriously starting to share your pessimism. Just going through the exact same thing as last time with C22. Released on the 2nd of December and eventually patched on the 24th of December. This time released on the 5th of October and the way things are going now, maybe we will see the first Xbox patch on the 24th of December again?? FFS!!

What is really getting to me, apart from the lack of communication, is the fact that we aren't seeing huge improvements in the game. How is it possible to release a brand new game, with the same bugs and MORE than we had in C22. You look at career mode and it is just disappointing. In C22 they laid the foundation to spice things up by adding sponsors, the gym, interviews and a fatigue recovery system, none of which worked properly, so instead of building on that or fixing it, they just removed everything all together. It frustrates the hell out of me to think where we started with DBC14 and where we are 10 years later. We should have been light years ahead of where we are now. Asking for the same things over and over. Or in some cases asking for things that actually worked previously. And then we're supposed to be happy when one or two things get fixed?? Are we so desperate to have a shiny new game that we are content playing a half-assed game with the bare minimum improvements. A few new licensed teams, stadiums and equipment. And a bowling/batting action or two? No pitch deterioration, no rain or weather affecting the game, no spin. A career mode stripped to the bone. WTF?? I am a part time coach so I look at players, teams and situations and I see what's in front of me, but I always try and see the potential and where a team should be with some development, and with this game it has been the same... where we were 10 years ago and the lack of progress and development made over the years is actually a bit of a disgrace. We should have had a game with an in-depth career mode with all the bells and whistles to go with it by now. We can not be satisfied by the bare minimum yet again!!
May be we should raise these issues in their portal ?? Need to see how they respond there?

Do they even see those posts?? But one thing, It's very easy for them to block people there

May be we should raise these issues in their portal ?? Need to see how they respond there?

Do they even see those posts?? But one thing, It's very easy for them to block people there
I think you nailed it... Any criticism will be deleted or ignored on their platform. I'm not even sure why they created a platform for people to share ideas if they weren't even going to use any of those suggestions in any case.

It's all the keeper running through the stumps and batsmen to take catches which really gets me. And all the chop ons off basic spin. I don't remember this happening at release which seems to say to me that it got added when they were looking at the spin in the first patch.

I guess if everything is heavily scripted, then a basic wicket chance slider for spin and for pace would allow us to tone this down a bit? That's as good as I think it's going to get for now. Reducing sliders, reducing spinners ability has absolutely no effect for me.

The slip catching is hilarious,they all take off and grab the ball like superman.

This will be a long post, so bare with and settle in...

Now, we know theres no visual pitch degradation, another feature inexplicably removed by BA, but does anything, anything at all go on under the hood that means the ball turns more as a test match wears on?

Im going to test and find out.

Conditions:

- Test Match only
- All sliders are default Legend, no adjustment (except bowling, see next line), to eliminate those variables, Legend diff used on each test
- Bowling base difficulty set to easiest to make release/foot plant 100, so big you literally cant not bowl a perfect, (ideal for spin) delivery every time, to eliminate that variable
- If i win toss, i bowl, with spin, instantly. If i lose the toss and have to bat, i declare before a ball is bowled and bowl, spin, instantly
- Will test on diff pitch types but always with the same hardness, medium (may do others at a later date)
- Pitch wear rate always normal, day one, no cracks etc, season always summer, rain default
- SCG as the ground
- There is no "aiming" the delivery by me, i wont touch aftertouch, i simply select the standard stock ball, in this case, off spin with Nathan Lyon (might do leg at a later date), hit the massive perfect spot and thats all
- Will take the big lines map after 5 deliveries of the over to see a visual representation of how much spin there is (cant do it when the over has finished)
- Will Sim Innings to get to Day 3 and then Day 5, if the game doesnt reach Day 5 ill keep restarting till it does
- Will show results for Day 1, 3 and 5 on each pitch type - do they differ?

So, the analysis.
Standard Pitch Day One
1698060544986.png

Standard Pitch Day Three
1698060857130.png

Spoiler
Standard Pitch Day Five
1698061560678.png

Conclusion

Absolutely ZERO difference in turn on any day of the match.

Grassy Pitch Day One
1698062773119.png

Grassy Pitch Day Three
1698063150895.png

Dusty Pitch Day One
1698063450861.png

Dusty Pitch Day Three
1698063825755.png

Long story short?

I stopped here. Doesnt appear to spin any more, on any pitch, later on in the game. Didnt bother testing more as these results are pretty conclusive.

This is a cricket game apparently.

Im done with it, unless things change drastically.

So lazy BA, really, come on.

Now, we know theres no visual pitch degradation, another feature inexplicably removed by BA, but does anything, anything at all go on under the hood that means the ball turns more as a test match wears on?

Conditions:

- Test Match only
- All sliders are default Legend, no adjustment (except bowling, see next line), to eliminate those variables, Legend diff used on each test
- Bowling base difficulty set to easiest to make release/foot plant 100, so big you literally cant not bowl a perfect, (ideal for spin) delivery every time, to eliminate that variable
- If i win toss, i bowl, with spin, instantly. If i lose the toss and have to bat, i declare before a ball is bowled and bowl, spin, instantly
- Will test on diff pitch types but always with the same hardness, medium (may do others at a later date)
- Pitch wear rate always normal, day one, no cracks etc, season always summer, rain default
- SCG as the ground
- There is no "aiming" the delivery by me, i wont touch aftertouch, i simply select the standard stock ball, in this case, off spin with Nathan Lyon (might do leg at a later date), hit the massive perfect spot and thats all
- Will take the big lines map after 5 deliveries of the over to see a visual representation of how much spin there is (cant do it when the over has finished)
- Will Sim Innings to get to Day 3 and then Day 5, if the game doesnt reach Day 5 ill keep restarting till it does

So, the analysis.
Standard Pitch Day One
1698060544986.png

Standard Pitch Day Three
1698060857130.png

Spoiler
Standard Pitch Day Five
1698061560678.png

Conclusion

Grassy Pitch Day One
1698062773119.png

Grassy Pitch Day Three
1698063150895.png

Dusty Pitch Day One
1698063450861.png

Dusty Pitch Day Three
1698063825755.png

Long story short?

I stopped here. Doesnt appear to spin any more, on any pitch, later on in the game. Didnt bother testing more as these results are pretty conclusive.

Well done on your research.

As usual we have been sold a duff. And because there is no competition, come 2026 they will sell us another duff, and most of us will pay for it. Rinse and repeat. I guess their licenses sell products, and not what's actually going on under the hood, which is sad, but understandable as to why 10 years on, we are still conducting experiments to see if there is any pitch effect.

We need a balance between spin and pace, visible pitch differences, and tangible pitch differences. No point in being able to see a dusty pitch cracking up if it does not take more wickets with spin as opposed to a green top, and visually turn more. They've had over a decade to not get this spot on, but just a little bit right, and they continuously haven't. So I don't see what changes in the future.

Conditions:

- Test Match only
- SCG as the ground

So, the analysis.
Standard Pitch Day One
1698060544986.png

Standard Pitch Day Three
1698060857130.png

Spoiler
Standard Pitch Day Five
1698061560678.png

Conclusion

Grassy Pitch Day One
1698062773119.png

Grassy Pitch Day Three
1698063150895.png

Dusty Pitch Day One
1698063450861.png

Dusty Pitch Day Three
1698063825755.png

Long story short?

lol at this post being epic fail :D

Users who are viewing this thread