Cricket Academy Beta 0.99c crashes to desktop!

sotos999

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
After the Big Ant logo screen it says "Setting up player" then crashes to the desktop.
I have windows 8 64 bit OS.
I've tried running it as an administrator and changing the comparability mode to "Windows 7" and Windows XP" but with no success. :noway

I have the "beta 0.99c" version. I wanted to try download the earlier versions, then upload it to the 0.99c version but I don't know where to download the earlier versions.

Please help.
Thanks.

After the Big Ant logo screen it says "Setting up player" then crashes to the desktop.
I have windows 8 64 bit OS.
I've tried running it as an administrator and changing the comparability mode to "Windows 7" and Windows XP" but with no success. :noway

I have the "beta 0.99c" version. I wanted to try download the earlier versions, then upload it to the 0.99c version but I don't know where to download the earlier versions.

Please help.
Thanks.

Is this the first time you have installed it?

Its crashing for me right after it displays Don Bradman Logo.
I seems I had uninstalled it for some reason so installed it again. Though I had till 0.99a earlier, now installed all updates till 0.99a and now 0.99c.
Did I do something wrong and do I need 0.99b?

P.S. I installed 0.97,0.97a,0.99,0.99a,0.99c.

issue, it's the second time I've installed it.

----------

Anirudh, I've installed the full 511mb 0.99c installation, not the update.

----------

Where can I download the 0.96 or 0.97 versions?

I downloaded it for the first time today and have the same issue. Win 7 64 bit.

I've had the same issue. However I recall a post from Ross in the last couple of days saying that in light of the AC13 mess + trying to get DBC out asap, the CA has taken a backburner. But from monday (iirc) they will look at the threads with bugs/crashes and try to find fixes.

I'll edit if I can find that quote..

e:
We won't have time to devote to the issues until Monday next week at the earliest. We will have a serious look at cleaning up all of the issues then.

Guys this seems to be a problem with windows 8 specifically, HBK pm'd me a file that fixed it for me, if you need it just send me a message and I shall give it to you :)

Guys this seems to be a problem with windows 8 specifically, HBK pm'd me a file that fixed it for me, if you need it just send me a message and I shall give it to you :)

It also seems to be cropping up in Windows 7 64 bit. Unless they are completely different problems that just look very similar (very possible)

Even i was facing this issue on my system WIN 7 64 BIT. After a system restart it started working. I am not sure if it will help.

Last edited:
I seem to get the same error. Not tried it on my laptop though (which happens to also be Win 7 64bit), so will try that when i get home from work.

I know the last version of CA did work, so will hold back using it until an update is available or if i can find a way around it :)

Yeah ive had this same problem for ages. I just tried to get it going again, downloaded the full 511MB version installed it on my external HD this time instead of my C: and same problem.

Yeah ive had this same problem for ages. I just tried to get it going again, downloaded the full 511MB version installed it on my external HD this time instead of my C: and same problem.

same problem for me but when i load it again for 2,3 times it works not sure if this helps

Right click the program and see if there is any other options for running the program (for example with a graphics card or graphics booster of some sort).

Users who are viewing this thread