Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta Version 0.99.94a Download

triniboycolin

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
shut up i dont care hw can it be a high difficulty level and there are at least 6 wides every 10 ball and ive never sucessfully played a cricket game from behind batsman #deal with it

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
shut up i dont care hw can it be a high difficulty level and there are at least 6 wides every 10 ball
Sorry. I won't update you on any situation in the future. You are exaggerating hugely on the wides anyway. The main thing with higher difficulty is you have to do more of the foot movement yourself.
ive never sucessfully played a cricket game from behind batsman #deal with it
Forget everything you know about cricket games. This is completely different and is best suited to behind the batsmen. You need to try out all the camera angles anyway, as broadcast is in the game but more of a viewing cam #EarlySeptemberer

mattk

Club Captain
shut up i dont care hw can it be a high difficulty level and there are at least 6 wides every 10 ball and ive never sucessfully played a cricket game from behind batsman #deal with it

Because past cricket games were such a winning formula?

mephitic51

School Cricketer
Ross, will the leg spinner be more threatening in the full release?

Just counted 50 deliveries on legend with a very poor batsmen, 6 were test match wides, 39 were so wide that they could be comfortably left, 3 were miles down the leg side and only two required a defense.

This is leg spin over the wicket. The stock ball should really pitch in line with middle and leg and move away from the right hander.

Otherwise fantastic demo of What is shaping up to be a great game.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

Just counted 50 deliveries on legend with a very poor batsmen, 6 were test match wides, 39 were so wide that they could be comfortably left, 3 were miles down the leg side and only two required a defense.

This is leg spin over the wicket. The stock ball should really pitch in line with middle and leg and move away from the right hander.

Sounds like the way tahir bowls....

mephitic51

School Cricketer
May have been channeling Swann on current form. Now we just Need Prior, Pietersen and Finn to retire...

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Not sure if there is much AI in the bowling. I think it is just fairly random, and judging by all the wides the randomness needs to be tweaked a bit.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
I'm guessing playing spin will turn out to be a very different prospect during matches, when you're actually trying to score and leggers presumably must have well disguised top spinners / googlies / flippers to bowl at you.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Okay now we're just making up scary stories. I tried same leg spin and although some were wide but about 70%-75% were playable. Maybe you should try different cameras and find ways to play those "3 miles down leg side" and "39 were so wide" deliveries.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

you can't use that hash tag (when were they started here, and whose idea was it so I can shun them?) when its you who apparently can't "deal with it"

mephitic51

School Cricketer
Okay now we're just making up scary stories. I tried same leg spin and although some were wide but about 70%-75% were playable. Maybe you should try different cameras and find ways to play those "3 miles down leg side" and "39 were so wide" deliveries.

I'm not saying they were unplayable I'm saying I could have left my PC, made coffee and come back whilst the machine was still chucking crap deliveries outside off without losing a wicket.

My question is whether that is a quirk of nets play or a problem with AI.

I do not think asking whether the leggie bowls a half decent line in the final game is unreasonable.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm not saying they were unplayable I'm saying I could have left my PC, made coffee and come back whilst the machine was still chucking crap deliveries outside off without losing a wicket.

My question is whether that is a quirk of nets play or a problem with AI.

I do not think asking whether the leggie bowls a half decent line in the final game is unreasonable.

1. That sounds like you were saying they were unplayable.
2. I didnt say you said they werent playable i said you must stop exaggerating crap and maybe count 100 balls and see if 12 were test match wides, 78 were wide, 6 were down leg side and 4 were playable.

Good day sir

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Against leg spin, I find that, out of 60, 1 would be a test match wide, 8 would be one day wides, 10-15 were hitting the stumps, and the rest were probing outside off. Just like real life.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Extrapolating the "AI" of a bowling machine to the discern something about the AI in the game is a bridge too far.

Run rate, wickets, field settings, pitch, weather, etc etc none of those variables are known in the Nets. Indeed you "tell" it what to bowl.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Extrapolating the "AI" of a bowling machine to the discern something about the AI in the game is a bridge too far...

Look at you, ruining peoples Christmas Eve Eve discussions... let them build their crazy bridge...

Users who are viewing this thread