Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta Version 0.99.94a Download

yes.after install,the install notes says 99.94a .im just downloaded the update (14.5 mb) not the full setup as i have 99.94 ver already.

Did you specify the same directory location for installing both the versions?

CDN is a standard acronym for content delivery network.

I don't know why but norton removes it as soon as its downloaded, but it doesn't do it when I've downloaded it after mattw puts it on here. I'm not technical at all, an I certainly don't wanna mess about with her PC, I'm very happy with the CA 9994 as it is and I can get by practicing in the nets in that until DB14 comes, thanks for your time though.

As there were a few issues in this build I was going to hold off for the update before putting it on our servers, but in case you want to give it a shot:
http://www.planetcricket.org/files/BA/caupdate_099_94a.exe

The issue is basically that there's no content on the cricketacademygame.com website, meaning that the site doesn't establish trust by building up backlinks and other measures that would make it not flag a pre-emptive warning from a virus scanner, which is probably rightfully trying to protect you from executables from 'unknown' sites.

As there were a few issues in this build I was going to hold off for the update before putting it on our servers, but in case you want to give it a shot:
http://www.planetcricket.org/files/BA/caupdate_099_94a.exe

The issue is basically that there's no content on the cricketacademygame.com website, meaning that the site doesn't establish trust by building up backlinks and other measures that would make it not flag a pre-emptive warning from a virus scanner, which is probably rightfully trying to protect you from executables from 'unknown' sites.

Thanks mattw I appreciate your time as always, sorry to be a pain in the neck. It'll be the same again on Monday if the new update is done!!

I would like to be able to play the game in pro (1st person) mode but it is hard to see the ball as it leaves the bowling machine. This isn't a problem with the close camera but in pro mode the bowling machine appears much smaller and further away. The perspective seems unusual, almost like tunnel vision.

Working fab since day1 of 0.99.94a release.

Thanks Ross:thumbs

There seem to be a huge number of shot animations (types). I tried to count how many unique shot types are there and I think there must be at least 25-30 if not more.

The square shots look weird still and I couldn't play leg glance at all. Maybe it's there but just tough to pull off.

There are no fashionable shots like the square cut loft off of one leg.
I only saw one type of orthodox shot but no Dhoni type helicopter shots.

The variety of shot types is staggering at present. I even managed to hit a pull shot like Afridi at one point.
Most shot stances/type look very "Australian". Somehow reminds me of how Steve Waugh used to play (obviously the player in the nets is Bradman, Australian). I'm not sure if the animations change slightly depending on country you use to play.
If it doesn't it is fine. If it does, it would be jaw dropping.

Overall, the nets play has given me a good idea about the batting and I must say this is quite a polished game. Kudos to the dev team.
It is easy to pick up but tough to really master for every shot.

Lets see how the final release shapes up.

There seem to be a huge number of shot animations (types). I tried to count how many unique shot types are there and I think there must be at least 25-30 if not more.

The square shots look weird still and I couldn't play leg glance at all. Maybe it's there but just tough to pull off.

There are no fashionable shots like the square cut loft off of one leg.
I only saw one type of orthodox shot but no Dhoni type helicopter shots.

I've seen the wristy Blackfoot shot to a shorter ball. From memory I had the aggressive trigger held in, went back and across to a short ball and played square or to extra cover.

There are 3 unorthodox shots from what I can see - reverse sweep. Paddle over the keepers head and the slog sweep.

It sounds like you might not be using the shot modifier buttons???

After this update i cant manage to make people have bigger cheeks. They all have huge cheek bones and then in dips in a lot

Will check this out, thanks.

Just going through the commentary names and i'm very impressed. For my Zimbabwe team I can link every player bar 1 to a commentary name :thumbs

There is no Correct commentary Names for Indian Players in Cricket Academy.
Will that be the same in the full version?

Any chance Ross where we can get access to modify edges and gameplay values.
A lot of us here are modders from EA cric days and we will be able to provide a lot of good configurations with acquired tastes.
would even go as far as suggesting making these config files downloadable applicable like rosters,so there is a wide variety of difficulty configs to chose from when the game releases.

You guys have already broken the norm with CA :clap,possibly the only game that has mods before the game has been released ,would be cool if that can be extended gameplay wise also:yes:cheers

+1 to that

----------

I only saw one type of orthodox shot but no Dhoni type helicopter shots,kevin pieterson's switch hit and sachin's uppecut.

suggested....

----------

There is no Correct commentary Names for Indian Players in Cricket Academy.
Will that be the same in the full version?

i found Doni

Look harder. There are replacement names like 'Tindoolka'

Users who are viewing this thread