Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

Are you the leading of this gang angad.:p

PS Being serious for a second, it's a strange miss if it's not in the game as everything else is. Just watch M Clarke vs spinners.:cheers

Not the only miss. There are other shots missing too. Like guiding the ball down to third man (by opening the face of the bat) or to fine leg. There are work arounds for both - a cut shot for third man and a late step around and flick through leg for fine leg shot. Other "significant" animation shots that seem to be missing are - tapping the ball around for singles and twos. All the shot animations right now seems like fluid aggressive shots rather than "tapping" for singles.

Not the only miss. There are other shots missing too. Like guiding the ball down to third man (by opening the face of the bat) or to fine leg. There are work arounds for both - a cut shot for third man and a late step around and flick through leg for fine leg shot. Other "significant" animation shots that seem to be missing are - tapping the ball around for singles and twos. All the shot animations right now seems like fluid aggressive shots rather than "tapping" for singles.

+1

Even though its not a deal breaker at all, but I wish there were some more animations for batting.

i played plenty of shots yesterday to third man, but very late cuts rather than opening the face. i got some great shots actually, from really struggling with cuts to playing some absolutely awesome shots.

i think calling some of these shots "missing" is a touch harsh. basically, the combination of the human brain (for thinking of the shot) and then our bio-mechanics allows for an almost infinite number of shots - we can play multiple shots in one area, but this is difficult to replicate with a joypad and still make playable especially with the need to do foot placement.

e.g. a late cut and an run to 3rd man with an open face basically require the RAS to be moved identically, and the triggers are already being used, so how can you add another modifier to differentiate the two shots? if we had to press one of the buttons it becomes pretty difficult, perhaps impossible. so they have to choose - they simply cannot replicate every possible shot.

that being said, i think the advance defence is a miss, because it happens a lot and could be implemented easily and played easily.

the more i have played, the more impressed i am. it does seem to me that each ball has it's own timing window depending on the line/length and the shot you choose to play. i.e. a ball in the same area, you can move across for a drive (playing earlier), or sit back for a late cut (playing much later) and get ideal for both. this is phenomenal, it's not about memorising a timing window but playing properly. if it's magnified by different surfaces (and surface deterioration) then batting should remain fresh for a long time.

my main "criticism" would be that it seems to give you a bit too much leeway in terms of what shots you can get away with to a given line and length even on legend. partly this is because of footwork you can move about the crease better, so is kind of a plus, but i was playing some outrageous shots yesterday - once i got the hang of late cuts i was playing them pretty much indiscriminately. i played late cuts to full balls on leg stump and it was flying off the bat (along the ground)...

but i was playing some outrageous shots yesterday - once i got the hang of late cuts i was playing them pretty much indiscriminately. i played late cuts to full balls on leg stump and it was flying off the bat (along the ground)...

Would love to see some of those....if ever you get time, post some videos as well dude :yes

my main "criticism" would be that it seems to give you a bit too much leeway in terms of what shots you can get away with to a given line and length even on legend. partly this is because of footwork you can move about the crease better, so is kind of a plus, but i was playing some outrageous shots yesterday - once i got the hang of late cuts i was playing them pretty much indiscriminately. i played late cuts to full balls on leg stump and it was flying off the bat (along the ground)...

But that is a high risk shot. I've been playing around doing the same and as long as I'm concentrating fully then I can generally hit those shots. BUT if the concentration slips for a second then I miss/bottom edge it and get bowled. Whereas if I'd been playing a drive to those balls, a miss would likely have it my pads and been not out (due to pitching outside leg).

That being said, they are fairly easy to hit once you've got the hang of it, so increasing the risk would be good. I've not had a chance to download the update so I don't know if the faster fast bowling makes a difference to a shot like this!

I do love the shots in the game, sure for the second game we could have more for sure. Different styles also but the advance down the pitch and defend is the only one that annoys me. I think spinners in the nets are a hell of a lot harder to play than seam/swing so far. I like that unlike IC2010 but moving to the ball to play would help this, question is can bigant add anything like this before the game get's released.:spy

----------

Would love to see some of those....if ever you get time, post some videos as well dude :yes

You don't have CA angad ?

yeah i'll download game booster and try and get some over the weekend. i wasn't previously able to run both the game and the screen capture software.

----------

But that is a high risk shot. I've been playing around doing the same and as long as I'm concentrating fully then I can generally hit those shots. BUT if the concentration slips for a second then I miss/bottom edge it and get bowled. Whereas if I'd been playing a drive to those balls, a miss would likely have it my pads and been not out (due to pitching outside leg).

That being said, they are fairly easy to hit once you've got the hang of it, so increasing the risk would be good. I've not had a chance to download the update so I don't know if the faster fast bowling makes a difference to a shot like this!

maybe i was just oddly good at it, but i was playing legend and it didn't feel high risk, which was basically my point. i was creaming it 9 times out of 10 at least

maybe i was just oddly good at it, but i was playing legend and it didn't feel high risk, which was basically my point. i was creaming it 9 times out of 10 at least

True, and this is where (hopefully) the final game will make a difference. In a match situation will there be a fielder there to stop that shot and if there isn't, will the AI put one there to stop it? Also if that 1/10 comes on the first attempt...

But there is a reason you're blockerdave ;) that wont be happening to you!

Blocker, after playing on the nets and playing as much shots as did,,,are you still gonna be blocking the whole session or has this changed your mind or approach?

I bet its gonna be challenging playing online with some of the guys who are currently doing nets

We don't know which ball is being hit in air for drives, late cut, flick off pads in the nets and are the lofted shots even clearing the 30 yard circle, timing ideal shots in the nets doesn't mean we have mastered batting. Its a totally different ball game being in the middle.

Blocker, after playing on the nets and playing as much shots as did,,,are you still gonna be blocking the whole session or has this changed your mind or approach?

I bet its gonna be challenging playing online with some of the guys who are currently doing nets

huge difference is in the nets you know it doesn't matter so much... you can edge it, play on or put hit high up in the air for a catch and you're still adding to your streak... in career mode where mini-blocker will have his average to think of, well i think there'll be more blocks and definitely more leaves!

----------

We don't know which ball is being hit in air for drives, late cut, flick off pads in the nets and are the lofted shots even clearing the 30 yard circle, timing ideal shots in the nets doesn't mean we have mastered batting. Its a totally different ball game being in the middle.

this is very true. in the nets i try to understand what sort of shot have i actually played - how in the air is it, would there typically be a fielder there etc. in a way i try to ignore what the streak says and just play, except i'm considerably more attacking because i'm just trying stuff out, really

When I set the machine to pace bowling, full and swinging in, a high percentage of balls are very wide down the legside and very few on the stumps. Are other people getting this too?

Users who are viewing this thread