Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

Anyone is managing to play the spin without edges? I'm fairly confident against pace but vs spin, I just sweep my way. If it is little short i play the reverse sweep and if it is little fuller, i play the orthodox sweep. This way i get no edges, only once i was early and the ball hit the gloves and lobbed back to the stumps.

Downloaded the new version 99.94a. and it's nice.
One of My suggestion though is to use different animation for different genres of batsman
Eg:- Currently the follow through of the bat after playing the Shot is same for both Aggressive and conservative batsman

While hitting the straight drive along the ground the conservative batsman will hit the ball with less follow through of the bat and Aggressive batsman with more follow through
like this
attachment.php

Attachments

• sas copy.jpg
    sas copy.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 180
One of My suggestion though is to use different animation for different genres of batsman
Eg:- Currently the follow through of the bat after playing the Shot is same for both Aggressive and conservative batsman

While hitting the straight drive along the ground the conservative batsman will hit the ball with less follow through of the bat and Aggressive batsman with more follow through
like this
attachment.php

That would be a good idea but that could be solved if you add a 'punch' shot where you knock it into the covers or whatever for a single.

Big Ant have already said that in future versions they would like to add more animations, better commentary, etc. However for the initial version they really concentrated on getting the gameplay right. Lots of different animations would be nice, but if the end result is the same then I can wait for it.

I also think the way the batting works is that a "canned" animation starts when you use the RAS in combination with other buttons. For this reason I think advancing to a bowler and changing your shot type half-way down (defensive, straight hit, swing across the line, etc.) probably isn't going to happen in this version as they would have to change how the whole system works...unless you guys wanted a further delay? ;)

Seriously, most requests I have read are all niggles or suggestions rather than issues. The game batting mechanic is so far above anything else already that I think we need to just accept that you can't possibly recreate every possible real life variable in cricket and be happy with what it is, and hopeful that DBC14 is a success and some suggestions are implemented in one of the 25 sequels :):thumbs

like this
attachment.php

If you hold down both triggers it produces an aggressive drive, if you don't press any triggers and just play the shot it will be a conventional drive.

Big Ant have already said that in future versions they would like to add more animations, better commentary, etc. However for the initial version they really concentrated on getting the gameplay right. Lots of different animations would be nice, but if the end result is the same then I can wait for it.

I do not think animation is that easy to be added with patches. I might be wrong though.

I do not think animation is that easy to be added with patches. I might be wrong though.

I don't think it would be possible in this version. I agree with Guybrush here that Ross had mentioned that their priority was to build a robust gameplay engine first, and boy...have they nailed it or what. I am sure they would work in the animations etc in the next version, specially since their base is so strong and has been widely applauded and accepted by the masses (based on the CA nets feedback)

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but if we were getting another Nets update, any chance we could have the type of delivery set to random? For example, if I'm receiving balls from a Fast-Medium bowler setting, but I want inswing, outswing, and seam movement all mixed up - it would make it a bit more interesting to try and follow the movement of each ball in preparation for the full game.

The new list of names for commentary is pretty impressive, there have been serious improvements. The problem now is there are too many names and going through them one by one, even when starting with the first letter, is a lengthy process. Especially when you're not sure the name you're looking for is included (and if its spelling is correct).

It would be great to update the search function to at least include the first two letters. I mean, if I type quickly "MI", it would take me to names starting with MI, like Mishra, and not to the letter I.

Otherwise congrats on getting all the names right! I'm wondering if some legal issue has been lifted, when we used to have "Sharmake" and we now have "Sharma".

That's what I mean....changing this stuff probably won't happen for the first release, if at all, but maybe in one of the sequels. Presuming there will be sequels.

just like many other users on this forum, i also have noticed that the edges on fast seam aren't coming that often now that I have updated the cricket academy.

i even try to miss time the shots and the edges are not coming though.

this is definitely something to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread