Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

Just watched your video and the bounce does seem a bit low from the bowla machine view. Top spin generally makes the ball bounce more, not less. Maybe it's the world's first bowla machine (that I know of) to be able to bowl a flipper!

Here's a vid of 9994c against spin illustrating the problem I mentioned earlier.

https://vimeo.com/84635981

I've tried fixed and random speed and specific and random spin but the result is the same. This is really quite short for any sort of spinner but there's almost no bounce at all.

We're checking it out. We have made significant departures in CA from the final game with regard to the ball physics so some things might be broken.

Another thing with this update is that the ball really races off the bat. I have very often managed to hit the wall at the back with one bounce, something not possible in any previous update at least by me.

Anybody else noticed this?

Yeah... wow! never seen that before!

Just watched your video and the bounce does seem a bit low from the bowla machine view. Top spin generally makes the ball bounce more, not less. Maybe it's the world's first bowla machine (that I know of) to be able to bowl a flipper!

I thought "Merlin" the bowling machine England used to use (maybe still do) could replicate any type of delivery, that was why it was so special.

I thought "Merlin" the bowling machine England used to use (maybe still do) could replicate any type of delivery, that was why it was so special.
It may have been special, but it didn't exactly work very well. Warne got 40 wickets at less than 20 the first time it was used and Murali got 24 wickets in 3 matches in 2006.

This bowling machine might actually help us against spinners.

It may have been special, but it didn't exactly work very well. Warne got 40 wickets at less than 20 the first time it was used and Murali got 24 wickets in 3 matches in 2006.

This bowling machine might actually help us against spinners.

one would assume it was still better than facing Ashley Giles (or Ian Salisbury) in the nets...

one would assume it was still better than facing Ashley Giles (or Ian Salisbury) in the nets...
Hey! Don't knock the King of Spain.

Whilst it may have helped, an important part of playing the spinner is the action. England used a bowling machine which played a clip of their opponent running in back in 2010, but for a spinner it's more important and more difficult to replicate. Which is why they give teenage bowlers with bad actions a go against England batsmen.

I once started a Gilo chant with the Barmy Army:
"Gilo, Gilo, it's off to work he goes
When he's on his game,
He's the King of Spain
Gilo, Gilo."

I've noticed that in the latest update that the Pro Cam view, pre-delivery, is lowered significantly before looking back up when the ball pops out. I'm pretty sure in the older builds the camera stayed level and the same goes for Bradman in all other camera modes where his head is completely still. Not sure if this is intentional or just a bug?

Here's what I'm talking about,

Before delivery:
T1mPcnl.jpg

After delivery:
L9KVny6.jpg

I've suddenly found the Pro Cam much more difficult to previous updates. It may be because I hadn't played in a while, but Pro Cam suddenly seems to be a lot shakier and I found it quite difficult to see the ball.

I've generally found the Pro Cam very hard to play with, mainly because of its very high field of view. During my few brief stints with it I always find myself automatically playing a straight drive against Legend-difficulty fast bowling and hope the ball hasn't gone down leg side (because I rely on the position the bowling machine's head snaps to just before it pukes the ball out). Guess that's why it's called the Pro Cam. With a lower FOV though I imagine it would be slightly easier to play with it.

Users who are viewing this thread