Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

While we are on the topic on $$$, have you given a thought to micro-transactions in game? Cosmetic upgrades (gold plated helmet or a new shiny bat) seem to be a good way to balance low sales (God forbid) and from what I've seen/played of other popular online games like WoW/LoL/Hon/Dota 2, they seem to be popular.

We would consider that for a mobile version perhaps but I don't foresee that with the paid console/PC versions.

So you are considering a mobile version? I would love a mobile version even if it was just CA.

It won't happen soon but is on the cards.

If you went down the next gen NBA 2k14 route it would be "Please pay $1 to unlock the choice to have a fielder at fine leg"

Isn't playing sweep shots against fast bowers supposed to be harder? I'm able to connect 9 out of 10 times easily without any problem. I wish they make it a little harder.

Also scoop shot on yorkers and full toss should be easier. I am unable to do that on regular basis with marker near crease and stumps.

will you make it possible to download a player as a free agent and ignore the link the uploader has put on, if for example you know it's an incorrect link?

Also, I have noticed one user that has uploaded a number of incorrectly linked players. Some of them are so ridiculous as to clearly not be a mistake and therefore one assumes sabotage - John Dyson linked to Graham Gooch, Rodney Hogg to Ryan Harris, and best of all Graham Yallop to Don Bradman. I would report it through CA but this isn't a report option.

I like what normally happens with most of the other Tru Blu sports games - a release every two/three years with DLC updates each year to keep them fresh.

Obviously DBC doesn't have licenses to make a roster update worth paying for, but a few extra features, new stadiums, etc as a $10-$20 update between releases would be far nicer than getting an 'all new' release every year that makes incremental improvements.

I would be happy paying $20 for DLC/upgrade every now and then. I'd have to think twice about buying a whole new version for $80 though if there weren't significant enhancements or additions to the game.

Is it too much to be excited for DBC V2?

will you make it possible to download a player as a free agent and ignore the link the uploader has put on, if for example you know it's an incorrect link?

Also, I have noticed one user that has uploaded a number of incorrectly linked players. Some of them are so ridiculous as to clearly not be a mistake and therefore one assumes sabotage - John Dyson linked to Graham Gooch, Rodney Hogg to Ryan Harris, and best of all Graham Yallop to Don Bradman. I would report it through CA but this isn't a report option.

Will you be giving any thought to this? It's annoying if you like a creation but it's incorrectly linked and you have to go through the rigmarole of downloading, unlinking, and then re-downloading the correctly linked player

Not sure if this has been asked before but has anyone managed to play a front / backfoot flick to midwicket (ground/ ariel).
Noticed that the batter usually plays an squarish on drive with the usual key combo.

Not sure if this has been asked before but has anyone managed to play a front / backfoot flick to midwicket (ground/ ariel).
Noticed that the batter usually plays an squarish on drive with the usual key combo.

Yes you can.

This bothered me for a while too because if you just aim through midwicket it comes out as a straight bat shot, which looks really weird because nobody on earth plays with a straight bat wide of mid on (certainly not against pace bowling, although it is more technically feasible against spinners) - and in fact even on drives are rarely produced by a genuine straight arc in the exact direction of the shot.

If you push the stick more towards square leg you get a flick shot instead, and that will go anywhere from mid on to behind square depending on your timing.

If you look on this video, I play flicks through midwicket at 1.20, 1.31 and 2.25.

https://vimeo.com/84445539

Users who are viewing this thread