Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

----------

[/COLOR]

I've done the Australian teams. CA username is Casper[/QUOTE]
Ok snowy ill have a look tomoro.

As I assume you've got an API or something that takes the on-disc players' stats from cricinfo or something, it would be awesome if for created "real-life" players that don't have an on-disc counterpart we could upload the URL of their cricinfo page and get the API to fill in the stats rather than having to do it manually. that would be aces :)

THIS.

We're checking it out. We have made significant departures in CA from the final game with regard to the ball physics so some things might be broken.

Just further to this, I've just been trying out fast-medium for the first time and you can't produce a bouncer with the current version. Doesn't seem to be possible to get the ball above hip high.

The bouncers are great on fast, though. Fantastic in pro mode.

I've rated Ruck's associate teams, Munkeymomo's counties, Snowy's Aussie teams, Chandrakif's IPL and Blockers international. Hopefully the issue can be sorted as I think those teams are the best in each category.

Just further to this, I've just been trying out fast-medium for the first time and you can't produce a bouncer with the current version. Doesn't seem to be possible to get the ball above hip high.

The bouncers are great on fast, though. Fantastic in pro mode.

Well, actually if I'm being totally objective about the quick bowling the lack of pace is quite noticeable - the bouncers are head high but they're club cricket bouncers. As the ball goes past you can see it's near the top of it's bounce and wouldn't carry to a keeper standing in the correct position for a pro quick.

Effectively it works ok though because the amount of time you have to react feels about right in pro mode (though I still find the rear cameras just much too slow). And the control system forces you to commit to a shot earlier than in real life anyway so very much quicker and I'd just be guessing on pro cam.

The lack of bounce and carry isn't really bothering me on fast though, as it doesn't really affect shot selection that much. It just feels like batting on a really dead surface.

On fast medium and lower speeds though the lack of bounce / carry is an issue for me because the ball just isn't getting up high enough for me to be able to play the correct shot on shorter deliveries. It's like batting in the u.15 net.

I realise you've got big chunks of the code missing in the nets but I thought I'd raise this anyway.

I would also like the ball bounce a bit more and from the middle of the pitch, right now you have to place the marker at extreme short length to get the ball near shoulders.

Yeah, exactly. That's what I mean by a club cricket bouncer.

The fast bowling feels on pro cam feels like it's around the 70 mph mark, with a few quicker ones thrown in. Ross has already explained that they won't increase the speed in terms of reaction time for reasons of internet playability but I'm hoping there's a bit more bounce and carry in the full physics model, so the ball reacts more or less as it would at real life speeds even though it happens more slowly.

We can tinker with things in CA but not the game.

It is likely that we will expose changes via the CA to get reaction before committing the to a patch in the game.

----------

Well, actually if I'm being totally objective about the quick bowling the lack of pace is quite noticeable - the bouncers are head high but they're club cricket bouncers. As the ball goes past you can see it's near the top of it's bounce and wouldn't carry to a keeper standing in the correct position for a pro quick.

Effectively it works ok though because the amount of time you have to react feels about right in pro mode (though I still find the rear cameras just much too slow). And the control system forces you to commit to a shot earlier than in real life anyway so very much quicker and I'd just be guessing on pro cam.

The lack of bounce and carry isn't really bothering me on fast though, as it doesn't really affect shot selection that much. It just feels like batting on a really dead surface.

On fast medium and lower speeds though the lack of bounce / carry is an issue for me because the ball just isn't getting up high enough for me to be able to play the correct shot on shorter deliveries. It's like batting in the u.15 net.

I realise you've got big chunks of the code missing in the nets but I thought I'd raise this anyway.

Any feedback, especially pointing out where we might have made mistakes is very welcome.

just wondering if you were still able to add more team crests to the CA?

Since I appreciate the sensitivity regarding the Union of South Africa flag, I was wondering if you could maybe put in some form of "Antelope"... since they considered themselves Springboks (as opposed to the more modern Proteas).

just wondering if you were still able to add more team crests to the CA?

Since I appreciate the sensitivity regarding the Union of South Africa flag, I was wondering if you could maybe put in some form of "Antelope"... since they considered themselves Springboks (as opposed to the more modern Proteas).

It would have to be in a patch of the game to appear there. Many things can be added after the release but images is not one of them for console as it breaks to many TCR's for us.

We could pre-author images in CA prior to a console patch coming so you could see what they look like.

It would have to be in a patch of the game to appear there. Many things can be added after the release but images is not one of them for console as it breaks to many TCR's for us.

We could pre-author images in CA prior to a console patch coming so you could see what they look like.

Ok cool. Well I made them initially with the Dutch flag as it was closest but that felt unsatisfactory. Then I thought about actually how many nations have their flag on them anyway so considered the springbok route. Using the goat at the minute and tbh it looks alright so if it's a major hassle for one team one nerd like me wants to play with I wouldn't worry :)

Just checked dbc after a while. Like blocker said, the ratings do not hold nor do I have a single star yet lol

Another thing i just noticed, uploading an entire team does not individually upload the players.

For example, if i upload the entire bd team together. Going to players>online community>my uploads do not list those players.

A serious bug, i unshared my uploaded PLAYERS to clean it up and now they are not reuploading again. It says reuploaded successfully. But that is not the case.

Can anyone see any players uploaded by me in the individual player uploaded section?

Last edited:
My thought was maybe it's just the physics of the surface in the nets (or the ball that is used) that is causing the bounce to be so 'dead', where as when we get on real pitches in the game it'll be more realistic? Except for indoor cricket, never done much on indoor batting 'nets' or on a real cricket pitch for that matter to be able to tell the difference.

Yeah, exactly. That's what I mean by a club cricket bouncer.

The fast bowling feels on pro cam feels like it's around the 70 mph mark, with a few quicker ones thrown in. Ross has already explained that they won't increase the speed in terms of reaction time for reasons of internet playability but I'm hoping there's a bit more bounce and carry in the full physics model, so the ball reacts more or less as it would at real life speeds even though it happens more slowly.

I hope BigAnt can add an option to select real life speeds in the game. So basically we will have two options to play with:

A) The default speeds that have been decided by BigAnt for balanced gameplay
B) Real-life speeds, which if selected would make the ball fly around your ears in real life speed :)

I think a game speed slider would be nice.. but I can understand reaction time to place footwork and then shot placement wont be quite to same as 'real life'... or maybe it is?? Anyone who has played the nets?

Users who are viewing this thread