Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

^^yup. but still there should be an option to have a "different headgear/pad" for individual players if one wants to have. i remember in the indian team Azharuddin used to play with a white helmet all the time. Not sure how common that is for other teams/players, but i would like that option.

Another thing is Accessories like helmet and pads should be in Team editor where we can assign it's colour. We don't want to assign colour of helmet or pads for every single player we create. Nobody wants to play with a team whose each batsman plays with different accessories anyway. Another thing of why it is so important to move Accessories section in Team Editor is because when we need to create new teams like in IPL where a player plays in two two different teams (international and domestic) then he'll only play in those accessories which we assigned to him. I don't want Kohli to play in blue headgear and pads when he plays for Bangalore.

----------

or you can leave it as it is so when we do not assign a headgear colour or pads colour to a particular player, it'll itself chose the default accessories of a team he is playing (given that we have option to change accessories colour in Team Editor as well).

Gloves, arm guards, shoes, pads design... can be whatever you want.
Uniform colours will override just pad and helmet colours/designs

Also there will need to be various kit options for each squad...

Tests, ODI, T20
Certain domestic teams also use 3 different kits for different comps.
IPL/Big Bash/most T20 comps will only need one kit though.

Maybe there will be an option: 'Team Plays: Test, ODI, T20' etc and you can select the formats they play.

Last edited:
Is it possible to add an option of 'Player Celebration' as a Bowler or Catcher (Like I saw in Fifa/PES Series) ??

@Ross
Do we have multiple bowling actions for fast/fast medium bowlers? open Chest , Front on ,side on , slingy etc? Plz dont say it that we will be getting one default bowling action for fast and one for spin bowler (ala Cricket 07 )

@Ross
Do we have multiple bowling actions for fast/fast medium bowlers? open Chest , Front on ,side on , slingy etc? Plz dont say it that we will be getting one default bowling action for fast and one for spin bowler (ala Cricket 07 )

I think the different body types would make even a single action look vastly different.

Ross, Any plans to add kerchiefs and bandanas for players? Both for batting and bowling/fielding.

No Wales as a nationality. Can it be added on like the West Indian countries so you pick wales and the England uniform is shown. As be good to have primany and secondary nationality so we can cricket like Nannes and Morgan playong for assiocate nation but joping to play for a test nation later.

@Ross

There are many different animations for each bowling type, it's just that the player can't assign them as they are pre-assigned.

Last edited:
There are many different animations for each bowling type, it's just that *you* can't assign them they are pre-assigned.

So fast medium will be different to fast, is that what you mean Ross.

So in cricket academy you have 6 different batting styles i think of memory, do they play differently or is it for just stats, so say i play like cook not gayle the superhuman.:D

There are many different animations for each bowling type, it's just that the player can't assign them as they are pre-assigned.

Ross, how long did it really take you to nail down all the requirements for the game? It won't surprise me if the game actually pre-dates Duke Nukem seeing all the attention given to details in the game :p

Ross, how long did it really take you to nail down all the requirements for the game? It won't surprise me if the game actually pre-dates Duke Nukem seeing all the attention given to details in the game :p

From memory, it is early here on a Sunday, Cricket started at Big Ant five years ago, it has been the back-burning project until last year when it became the focus of the Studio.

There was someone that did a Duke Nukem trailer edit for our AFL Live, I was going to post it however YouTube took it down.... it was extremely funny (to me anyway!)

Last edited:
From memory, it is early here on a Sunday, Cricket started at Big Ant five years ago, it has been the back-burning project until last year when it became the focus of the Studio.

There was someone that did a Duke Nukem trailer edit for our AFL Live, I was going to post it however YouTube took it down.... it was extremely funny (to me anyway!)

All I can say as a cricket gaming fan is "better late than never". I'm glad you decided to go ahead with the game and finally we will get to see a game for cricket fans developed by a cricket fan :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread