Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

Ross, just a quick bug report but when taking "player card" shots of created players with spectacles on, they still disappear on the "default" pose setting - but not as batsmen or bowler settings.

Have a question for everyone regarding match type.

Under fielding restrictions, fielding restriction 1 is the mandatory one that goes from 1-10 overs...2 fielders outside

Fielding restriction 2 is chosen by bowling team...3 fielders outside allowed...right?

Fielding restrictions 3 is chosen by batting side and again max of 3 players allowed outside the circle right? And both this and bowling PP has to happen before 40th over.

What is fielding restrictions 4 for?

Non powerplay overs let a max of 4 fielders outside the circle. How do I set that? Is it possible?

And what is the maximum numbers of players allowed on the leg side or behind leg at any time?

We've set the fielding Restrictions up so you can set them up however you wish, we've added an extra one here that you can use if you wish, we've done the same in the sessions section as well, so you can have 4 sessions if you wish. Hopefully you guys will come up with some new match types that are fun to play and you can take online.

The max outfielders for non restricted overs is set at the top in the Match Restrictions section - that area will be used for any overs not covered by Fielding restrictions.

We've set the fielding Restrictions up so you can set them up however you wish, we've added an extra one here that you can use if you wish, we've done the same in the sessions section as well, so you can have 4 sessions if you wish. Hopefully you guys will come up with some new match types that are fun to play and you can take online.

The max outfielders for non restricted overs is set at the top in the Match Restrictions section - that area will be used for any overs not covered by Fielding restrictions.

Hey Mike.....any chance of adding options for a tie breaker (e.g. super over, bowl out etc) in match creator?

Or simply an option of 2 wickets per innings. Atm, it is 1 and then 4

But that would mean a different match all together.....the tie-breaker should ideally kick in automatically (if enabled for the match) in the case of a tie.

Mike is there a ICC ranking in the game, not called ICC but maybe Bigant Rankings. If you can answer this question that would be very appreciated.

Hey Mike.

Any news on the next ca update, and will The next one include skills/attributes? Can't wait to complete my squads.

Thanks mikey. One more question. Using tournament creator we can set up a tournament of any custom match type we have created. Right?

Hey Ross, not able to upload the team to the sharing server.
After a 4-5 players, it shows CA is not responding error. Asks me to close the program :(

Fielding glasses number 9,10 and 11 should be sunglasses and not specs. Even at the highest opacity they look like specs even though they are modeled like sunglasses.

I've just noticed something, quickly flicked through the thread and didn't see it reported. If you're setting a left-handed spin bowler, the game seems to suggest than an "Orthodox" spinner does leg spin while a "Chinaman" spinner does Off Spin; which is obviously backwards. The only way this makes sense is if it comparing the movement of the standard delivery to right handed bowlers (i.e. a Left-Hand Leg Break moves the same direction as a Right-Hand Off Break); and even then, it seems confusing even for someone who knows cricket. Just to confirm that when the game is released, left hand bowlers will bowl the right type of spin?

I've just noticed something, quickly flicked through the thread and didn't see it reported. If you're setting a left-handed spin bowler, the game seems to suggest than an "Orthodox" spinner does leg spin while a "Chinaman" spinner does Off Spin; which is obviously backwards. The only way this makes sense is if it comparing the movement of the standard delivery to right handed bowlers (i.e. a Left-Hand Leg Break moves the same direction as a Right-Hand Off Break); and even then, it seems confusing even for someone who knows cricket. Just to confirm that when the game is released, left hand bowlers will bowl the right type of spin?

I'll double check that on Monday, thanks

----------

Thanks mikey. One more question. Using tournament creator we can set up a tournament of any custom match type we have created. Right?

Not sure if I've answered this elsewhere - but yep, you create Match Types you like, then any of those can be used in Tournaments, Tours, Online and Casual Matches.

Users who are viewing this thread