Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

Just had my first go with this bad boy. First impressions:

1) It unfortunately runs rather sluggishly on my Macbook Retina Pro on bootcamp with Windows 7. Not unbearable but not amazing.
2) There really are a wealth of options. I was blown away in the match designer, with things like bouncer restrictions etc.
3) I was pleased that you can assign one player to multiple teams
4) Whilst there is the above point, this does not seem to happen by default. I downloaded both Australia and New South Wales and then had double-ups of all relevant players. Furthermore they were largely differently made players. For a few I went through and chose the better Watson, the better Warner etc but this would take a long time I think. Is there any sense of automating this?
5) I chose the Watson from the Australian downloaded team and put him in the New South Wales team. I went to edit his helmet and it had the default dark green Australian helmet. Is this a bug?

Overall I'm very excited for the game. There are already complete Australian state squads, although as expected the lesser players aren't always fantastically modeled. I do think there may be some confusion online regarding which Australia plays against which England...

We have ways of automating the downloads into the game.

We have ways of automating the downloads into the game.

Excellent. it would be nice if, after a little while, the dust settles and people use consistent teams or at least consistent players. Actually I don't care which Australian players are selected for Australia, just that they are regular players.

Ross, after the new update, while uploading teams if some players need to be overwritten and the dialogue box shows up, CA crashes once i press the yes overwrite him or overwrite and dont ask again. And the team/player doesn't get uploaded either. I had to upload those players seperately from the player/roster window to get it on the server.

This is some bug (?) I always forget to report .

attachment.php

Jhunjhunwala ( I know about the spelling error) or any other name for that matter which is has a good amount of letters in it, overlaps or even exceeds ( in many cases ) that boundary line. Is it possible to compress them so that they fit in ?

Attachments

• cricket-academy-beta 2013-07-20 09-14-21-00edit.jpg
    cricket-academy-beta 2013-07-20 09-14-21-00edit.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 216
Ross, another suggestion -

Can we have an option to write our team name on the shirt, with a fairly good number of fonts in an upcoming CA update? Almost all international teams have them I suppose, and you can add more options to that I suppose - like position, size (at least two or three), etc.

Another suggestion, or in fact a doubt (I'm running an older ca version, so don't know if this's already fixed)-

Regarding the helmet type modern 01, can it be made two rows of grill instead of three, as pointed out earlier by someone?

attachment.php

Also I'd like to see more choices of relevant helmet models...

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 259
Ross, after the new update, while uploading teams if some players need to be overwritten and the dialogue box shows up, CA crashes once i press the yes overwrite him or overwrite and dont ask again. And the team/player doesn't get uploaded either. I had to upload those players seperately from the player/roster window to get it on the server.
same problem Happens to Me.. pls fix this

Ross, another suggestion -

Can we have an option to write our team name on the shirt, with a fairly good number of fonts in an upcoming CA update? Almost all international teams have them I suppose, and you can add more options to that I suppose - like position, size (at least two or three), etc.

Another suggestion, or in fact a doubt (I'm running an older ca version, so don't know if this's already fixed)-

Regarding the helmet type modern 01, can it be made two rows of grill instead of three, as pointed out earlier by someone?

attachment.php

Also I'd like to see more choices of relevant helmet models...

I agree!! I am still not comfortable with the helmets in CA!! They look too huge!!

i cant upload team to sharing server. when i try to overwrite players its crashes out. There's No Other Way to upload team.. pls help me..

There will be more options for sponsors but at this time we won't have a logo editor in the game.

BTW this is the option that Trickstar told Cricket Australia that we did have and that we "might" allow people to contravene their license... as said at the time, better shut down MS paint, etc... as someone might create someone's property :)

Ross just say it that the Kits are licensed lol.:clap

First class cricket in India is played just when the winters arrive here. So please take care of the seasonal locations mentioned in the CA for other countries too.:thumbs

i cant upload team to sharing server. when i try to overwrite players its crashes out. There's No Other Way to upload team.. pls help me..

Two ways around it. Upload the individual player that is causing the crash first and then upload the team. This way you will not get the overwrite dialogue box.

Or you can unshare the player trying to get overwritten from the server first and then upload the team.

We have found the issue and are trying to rectify it now.

Two ways around it. Upload the individual player that is causing the crash first and then upload the team. This way you will not get the overwrite dialogue box.

Or you can unshare the player trying to get overwritten from the server first and then upload the team.

using the first way you said it works.. thanks. but still there's a bug when Overwriting players;;

We found the issue and it will be fixed in the update that is coming on Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread