Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

second Freddie's point.

tbh I have not bothered with skills / attributes for my teams for the very reason that I have no idea how to assign them, particularly in terms of bowling. the bowling/skills q&a seemed to have an implied "anything but" at the beginning of it's name. almost none of the initial questions about bowling/skills were answered.

Like ross said, they can do a better job explaining this. So hopefully the next update will make it clearer. I do feel bad for the people on facebook who are not aware of this site and probably feel lost.

Superfreddie....good points, but it will be unfair to the first creators also. I was thinking about opening a thread where we can try to reach a conclusion on what player should be rated what. That is why i asked ross to see if it is possible to have an overall rating of 10 with .5 increments and rate players based on that scale. I do not want it to be out of 100 because people will bitch about why tendulkar has a rating of 95 when lara has a rating of 96. Its easier to put them both in 9.5 category. I do not have the whole thong sketched out but just an idea for ross to consider.

I imagine playing the game on all difficulty levels will also lead to a fair few changes in how we distribute ratings. It would be extremely difficult to have them all 'perfect' before playing the game.

Like ross said, they can do a better job explaining this. So hopefully the next update will make it clearer. I do feel bad for the people on facebook who are not aware of this site and probably feel lost.

Superfreddie....good points, but it will be unfair to the first creators also. I was thinking about opening a thread where we can try to reach a conclusion on what player should be rated what. That is why i asked ross to see if it is possible to have an overall rating of 10 with .5 increments and rate players based on that scale. I do not want it to be out of 100 because people will bitch about why tendulkar has a rating of 95 when lara has a rating of 96. Its easier to put them both in 9.5 category. I do not have the whole thong sketched out but just an idea for ross to consider.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the green bar on its own, hard to see exactly what rating you have given. Like the idea of .5 increments. Btw, what are you doing drawing thongs when you should be getting your squads sorted

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the green bar on its own, hard to see exactly what rating you have given. Like the idea of .5 increments. Btw, what are you doing drawing thongs when you should be getting your squads sorted

Well contrary to popular belief i do have a life u know...

Actually who am i kidding...i dont to be honest.

Just taking my time man. Trying to finish one player a day. That reminds me i did not create one today.

Even Im having a few bugs. The preview getting stuck with a certain player, bat not showing, logos not showing in the preview. And most imp. the Beta gets stuck at the DB logo until I Alt-Tab it and hold for a few seconds.

I'm pretty sure some reviews are gonna talk about how complicated the CA is, without bothering to look deep into it.

Second that point, need a thread to normalize each skill of each player by country. Like say one for AUS, another for IND etcetera. At least we, the PC folks would get to play with equal players. And before that's done, awaiting a detailed note from Ross/MikeM on how each skill and attribute affects the player.

I'm pretty sure some reviews are gonna talk about how complicated the CA is, without bothering to look deep into it.

Second that point, need a thread to normalize each skill of each player by country. Like say one for AUS, another for IND etcetera. At least we, the PC folks would get to play with equal players. And before that's done, awaiting a detailed note from Ross/MikeM on how each skill and attribute affects the player.

It's perhaps complicated for those creating teams, not for those just downloading though, and by then there will be plenty of example teams for people to look at.

Yep, we will break down how the skills work across the board and how they should be used from our POV.

Yep, we will break down how the skills work across the board and how they should be used from our POV.

i would take that as a friday treat over a video screenshot. from my purely selfish perspective that's more important to me. i've seen enough shots/video to be impressed already.

I think the vast majority of people would either make just themselves or not use the Cricket Academy at all - and those making themselves I'd imagine would either max out everything (which the game seems to correct for) or be fairly accurate in rating themselves.

I can't see a review knocking in depth options when most of them could either be randomised or ignored.

It's perhaps complicated for those creating teams, not for those just downloading though, and by then there will be plenty of example teams for people to look at.

Friday! :)

That way I could complete my India team and the IPL teams too.

...and those making themselves I'd imagine would either max out everything or be fairly accurate in rating themselves...

Good thing is when you're making "Biggs" you can cover both those bases.

No worries - Version 0.97a is here:

casetup_097a.exe

That was awesome. This is to confirm that CA 0.97a is up and running well. I have also gone and updated it to 0.99 and then 0.99a. So all is fine and I can look forwards to the fun. :cheers :clap

On a side note, I guess this means that the stand alone latest 0.99 version has some problem with it crashing to desktop and not starting up at all. If I may suggest, you can post a link to the older 0.97a version in the downloads thread as well so that people who want to try this anew can join in on this beauty. :thumbs

I'll fix the 0.99 builds tomorrow - thanks for finding this out for us, really appreciate it.

In regard to assigning skill/attributes, I haven't used CA as my PC wont allow the download, but to save worrying about how they will effect in gameplay why not do it as you see it, after all you're creating them, and if people don't like it they can change it themselves when they download! Most people will argue sachin this or dhoni that so take a load off your mind and do it you're way. Only thing I'd wonder about is are different players rated differently in regard to the team they play for i e Mohammed Ashraful would be 95 for Bangladesh but only 65 for the top teams like Aus Eng SA or India.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread