Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

I tried installing the Cricket Academy Beta 0.99 but it crashes every time I run it.
It crashes at the point when it says "setting up default profile data"...please help me..i have windows 7 32 bit

Hehe. I had the exact same problem. Read the last few pages and you will know what to do. Here's the hint :

Install the 0.97 version whose link is provided by Ross and then update it. You will be good to go. :cheers

ross,
can you please clarify what criteria in CA is used to decide whether a player or team is considered "linkable"?
i am struggling to link some things (because they don't appear in the linkable list) but can link others.
any guidance appreciated

ross,
can you please clarify what criteria in CA is used to decide whether a player or team is considered "linkable"?
i am struggling to link some things (because they don't appear in the linkable list) but can link others.
any guidance appreciated

I believe that the teams/players that are linkable are those that are definitely shipping on the disk. If this is not happening for you please give an example and I'll check it out straight away.

Ross, any idea when you will be able to provide the nick name list as a txt file?

And one more question ross, can we delete our created team once we are done with the linking process to the default team? Or does that team need to be there for the default team to work?

I believe that the teams/players that are linkable are those that are definitely shipping on the disk. If this is not happening for you please give an example and I'll check it out straight away.

Thanks. Definitely yesterday I had none of the England 30s team. But i am guessing this might be because i put their real names in so i knew who to swap for?

It seems to me if you make any change that player is no longer linkable?

Thanks. Definitely yesterday I had none of the England 30s team. But i am guessing this might be because i put their real names in so i knew who to swap for?

Possibly, I'll check that out.

Israr, I'll also get to your questions too - been a bit hectic here today.

We have submissions for another title underway... never rains!

Edit: plus patches/updates for Jetpack Vita just went live in the US today too.

Relating to this, were you able to find my Australian 30s players on the server? There are only 6 so far as I ran out of time to complete it. My computer is on Mac 99% of the time so I can't check myself easily. My username is either AussieDave27 or ArtieFufkin27...or maybe without the 27, not sure. I figured you might like to take them and do the others as well if interested.

We should be able to recreate some bodyline series online then (if you are on 360)

Relating to this, were you able to find my Australian 30s players on the server? There are only 6 so far as I ran out of time to complete it. My computer is on Mac 99% of the time so I can't check myself easily. My username is either AussieDave27 or ArtieFufkin27...or maybe without the 27, not sure. I figured you might like to take them and do the others as well if interested.

We should be able to recreate some bodyline series online then (if you are on 360)

yeah i've found and downloaded them. i am gonna try and do both squads - i have done jardine, sutcliffe and the nawab of pataudi from the Eng team, and I think one or two other Eng players from the squad are on the server, forget who did them. Larwood is definitely there (needs a tweak or two) and Hammond i think.

yeah i'm on 360 though no gold live account at the moment. an online bodyline would be just the sort of thing to get me to sign up!

You don't need Gold to download/upload just to play online.

You don't need Gold to download/upload just to play online.

yeah i was thinking about the play... i must say i am delighted we don't need gold for downloading cuz i'm not a huge one for online play, mostly because i'm terrible and getting whupped by a 12 year old is not my bag...

but as i say the prospect of an online bodyline tour against a cork-hat wearing, fosters drinking gallah might just get me to sign up for the gold account :)

yeah i was thinking about the play... i must say i am delighted we don't need gold for downloading cuz i'm not a huge one for online play, mostly because i'm terrible and getting whupped by a 12 year old is not my bag...

but as i say the prospect of an online bodyline tour against a cork-hat wearing, fosters drinking gallah might just get me to sign up for the gold account :)

Especially since I live in Switzerland so we should be able to get a relatively lag-free game! I'd imagine England vs Australia games would be laggy from other sides of the world.

----------

yeah i've found and downloaded them. i am gonna try and do both squads - i have done jardine, sutcliffe and the nawab of pataudi from the Eng team, and I think one or two other Eng players from the squad are on the server, forget who did them. Larwood is definitely there (needs a tweak or two) and Hammond i think.

yeah i'm on 360 though no gold live account at the moment. an online bodyline would be just the sort of thing to get me to sign up!

Yeah I'm happy with mine except for Ponsford. He was the first I did and looks a "caricature-like". I think one of the keys to realistic faces is that when you see a distinct feature that you can replicate in Cricket Academy, don't go overboard. If a guy has a big nose, don't push the sliders to max just because you can. With Ponsford he has a slightly chubby face and I think I went a bit far in my version.

Users who are viewing this thread