Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

Hehe. I had the exact same problem. Read the last few pages and you will know what to do. Here's the hint :

Install the 0.97 version whose link is provided by Ross and then update it. You will be good to go
thank you so much...problem solved...its perfect now:cheers

my computer still wont allow me to download CA, Norton/symantec tells me its a malicious site, when I click continue to site anyway it downloads it, then removes it, then quarantines it!!! I cant turn Norton off, so is there any other way round this.

what version of Norton you got? that's what i run and don't remember that problem...

I finally found a casetup97 file after trolling the pages that would install, it was a 440mb one, anyway norton said it was fine, it then asked me if I'd allow it to make changes, I clicked yes, and it downloaded, when I went into start up menu it wasn't in the programmes list, found it in documents-downloads but the CA beta is nowhere to be found, also I deleted it and uninstalled this Microsoft thing that had downloaded with it, and this mornin the misses is goin apeshit cos she can't do her Internet shopping!!! I have no idea what I've done!!! It's got windows7 home edition, if that means anything, I am probably the least technically minded person your likely to meet, it's not even my PC, its hers! No clue how to undo what I did either!!!!

All bigants fault for not releasing the game sooner!!!!!!! Lol

if problems started after deleting stuff, check the recycle bin!

i always try to make sure when downloading stuff i "save as" and put it on the desktop so i can see it straight away

I did save and run!! Also I deleted the casetup97 file from recycle bin. Now I can't find the link I used last night to try re downloading it, and if I try the first one that's on the thread it gives me the malicious site crap again!!! Do you know where the links are to download it properly??

----------

Found it on page 62 of feedback suggestions bugs thread. The posts by aspirin? Is this the right one?

If you have any problems with the pc after installations you can always go to system restore and restore the pc to the time before the installation..... You can disable your antivirus and download the setup file from Big Ant's official link .

I managed to download setup-97 again and again its in my docs-downloads as an application 440mbs or something, but when I click on your link above for the academy my Norton/Symantec says malicious site, and if I click to go to site anyway, it downloads it, removes it and quarintines it!! I bloody hate computers!!!

I'm not sure about this, but Norton must have a "disable for some xx minutes" feature in it. Try right clicking the system tray icon and see if it's available in the menu?

what its saying is its a threat. WS.Reputation.1 I cant disable Norton!!! OK thanks guys for all your help, look like i'll have to wait for the game!!!

what its saying is its a threat. WS.Reputation.1 I cant disable Norton!!! OK thanks guys for all your help, look like i'll have to wait for the game!!!
From a support forum post
Hi,

here are the steps for you:

1. Open your Norton product

2. On the main window click on Quarantine

3. On the opened list find the file you want to restore

4. Click on More Details (bottom, right side)

5. On the new window click on Options (bottom)

6. Click on Restore file

7. Check the "do not detect it any more option" during the restore

8. Close windows

Let us know the results.

Another more visual one.

The name 'WS.Reputation.1' explains it - they don't think the 'cricketacademygame.com' file is from a trusted website, which is probably because nothing else is on there at this point. It's not a virus, just a risk factor that it is more likely to be a bad file.

when I open Norton 360, it doesn't have the quarantine option you said about, only place I can find the file is in the "tasks" section and it shows its been quarantined but theres no option to restore or do anything with it!! when I downloaded the casetup-97 file from planetcricket it allowed it but all the othe files are from cdn or something and it wont have it, I really appreciate your time guys, but ill give it a miss, im very close to punching the bloody screen so I think ill have to wait for the game on xbox360, hopefully its only goin to be 6 weeks anyway!!! thanks again sorry to waste your time!!

that's the one the did download but it doesn't take me to the CA game its a file on my desktop now I click on it follow instruction agree to stuff etc, but I still have no CA!!! im probably doin something very simple wrong, I don't understand computers at all, the missus did all te Norton stuff for me and still couldn't work it out!!! ignore last post matt, missus clicked on file clicked on icon and hey presto im in!!! told you I was thick!!! thanks again, I feel a right twunt now!!! been tryin to get this to work for 8 hrs!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread