Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

Right just made my 1st player, went to upload it and was told I have to update, and its same old problem again. @matt the link you gave me for 97setup was from planet cricket and the PC allows it but the update is from cdn and it won't have it. Any chance the update can be got from same place as setup?

Right just made my 1st player, went to upload it and was told I have to update, and its same old problem again. @matt the link you gave me for 97setup was from planet cricket and the PC allows it but the update is from cdn and it won't have it. Any chance the update can be got from same place as setup?
You'll need these two updates in order.
http://www.planetcricket.org/files/BA/caupdate_099.exe
http://www.planetcricket.org/files/BA/caupdate_099a.exe

Glad you got that far at least :).

only problem I have is it didn't allow the 99 download but did allow the 99a, but now it wont run so I think I gotta start all over again!!

only problem I have is it didn't allow the 99 download but did allow the 99a, but now it wont run so I think I gotta start all over again!!
Norton is just crazy.

I imagine the easiest thing to do that at this point, just installing 97 again and just making whatever players you'd like offline and pester Ross into releasing a version of it that is signed so that it stops being flagged as potentially a risk and you could then share those.

If you'd like to keep trying I could chuck the .99 setup on our server and see if it will let you download that and then apply the .99a to it.

Why not just uninstall norton first and them download and install the game? Then you can reinstall norton. Unless you dont have the cd anymore.

^ I probably think he doesn't have admin rights on the system he is using. Probably why he can't temporarily turn it off too.

Norton is just crazy.

I imagine the easiest thing to do that at this point, just installing 97 again and just making whatever players you'd like offline and pester Ross into releasing a version of it that is signed so that it stops being flagged as potentially a risk and you could then share those.

If you'd like to keep trying I could chuck the .99 setup on our server and see if it will let you download that and then apply the .99a to it.

If you have time that would be great but don't worry I know you've all got enough to do!! I don't understand why it see's 99 as a risk but allowed 97a/99a. But then if you knew me you'd get it!!!! I trawled the thread before I got in touch because everyone else seems to be ok!!! I can keep goin on 97a for now, I'm enjoying it!!! I won't pester you guys, if you have time great but you've been more than helpful, I owe you a beer or two if I ever get to Oz!!

----------

Why not just uninstall norton first and them download and install the game? Then you can reinstall norton. Unless you dont have the cd anymore.

I don't have the cd israr, the Missis did all that when she brought it, it's her PC, I'm amazed she lets me use it....mind you it was funny hearing her pacing back and forward watching me on there!!!!

Under fielding options, i see the position of wicketkeeper is not editable. Is there an ingame option where we can make the wicketkeeper come forward to medium pacers for an over or so?

THAT is a question I've wanted answering but have always been given 'Ross confirmed this' without any actual post quoted (and haven't been able to find anything).

Can anyone actually show where Ross/Mikey/anyone confirmed where this was possible?

Please help, cricket academy never worked on my computer until I downloaded shader 3, its working now but is extremely slow. Is there something that I can do to fix this?

Can anyone actually show where Ross/Mikey/anyone confirmed where this was possible?

Need to bust the search function out, but for memory Mikey did confirm this I think. Good question though, I imagine it's just a simple case of changing the field-set (or a custom one) for fast bowlers with the keeper up?

Users who are viewing this thread