Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

Ross, I think the black screen problem in Cricket Academy is related to only 64 bit systems. I think it is running well on almost all 32 bit systems.

I'll check that out but nearly every machine in the office is 64 bit.

Just wish someone local to us in Melbourne had the issue....

I am having a strange bug Ross. I updated the CA and when I opened it and was browsing through various players, no matter which player is selected, the preview shows only 1 certain player. Even on the menu screen, Sir Bradman is being replaced by that random player. That player is stalking on every page.
Ironically, this started after I came back after watching a horror movie :(

I am having a strange bug Ross. I updated the CA and when I opened it and was browsing through various players, no matter which player is selected, the preview shows only 1 certain player. Even on the menu screen, Sir Bradman is being replaced by that random player. That player is stalking on every page.
Ironically, this started after I came back after watching a horror movie :(

Scary stuff :)

I'll have to check this out on Monday, you're the second or third person to report it so there is likely an issue with V0.99. Thanks for reporting it.

Lol yes. I didnt say for cricket 14 because eyebags might be part of the player models and too late to change anything? Just assumed so.

Yeah, I knew you were being serious :) they would have to be part of the geometry to get right so are not going to make it into DBC14.

Hey I've just gone to use DBC for the first time in a while. Downloaded and installed the v99 updated and when I go to the online community it says "A newer version is available, you need this to go online". That just directs me to the same download link as before.

I then uninstalled everything and downloaded the complete v99 yet had the same problem. Is this something anyone else has occurred? I really just wanted to check how many downloads my bodyline Aussie players had gotten :D

I tried installing the Cricket Academy Beta 0.99 but it crashes every time I run it.
It crashes at the point when it says "setting up default profile data"...please help me..i have windows 7 32 bit

Yeah, there was a 0.99a update. Here's a direct link, though not sure why it's not pointing there.

Cheers mate, I'll give that a shot next time I'm on Windows.

To be more specific, the download links that were to v99 only (not v99.a) were just from PC. I can't confirm what download what link it is that Cricket Academy directs you to.

----------

Also, I have a small suggestion. I think it's a very nice looking program, no doubt about it, but it's perhaps a bit too graphics-heavy. With all of the things zipping around in the background and everything it can be a bit laggy.

This is mainly for the people who want to play the game on console but perhaps use Cricket Academy on PC because it's easier having a keyboard to type names. I'm not sure how big a crowd that is, but they would often be people with computers not good enough to run the game smoothly, but would like to run the editor okay.

Anyway, not sure if possible, but maybe a "lite" version with no background graphics would be handy.

I tried installing the Cricket Academy Beta 0.99 but it crashes every time I run it.
It crashes at the point when it says "setting up default profile data"...please help me..i have windows 7 32 bit

Try downloading V0.97 first, installing that and then installing V0.99 - it seems V0.99 is not working well for some people that haven't installed previous versions.

Users who are viewing this thread