Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

It's calculated as bat meets ball.

Ah, of course. Still got my "old" cricket game head on where physics mean nothing! I guess that explains why you can get knicks even if you time the ball properly with good footwork...if there is movement off the pitch then you'll still get an edge. Gives proper importance to leaving decent deliveries.

Nice.

To that point.. I am very much looking forward to batting on the first day of a test with no HUD on and having to get my eye in leaving and blocking the ball to the openers... that first crack for 4 will now be so rewarding...(compared to previous games.

He honestly can't. Like he mentioned, they are unable to recreate this issue int he machines they have. Secondly he offered anyone living in melbourne and having this issue to come over to big ant't office with his laptop and they will have a crack at it. If you know anyone living in melbourne having this issue, let him know that.

Thanks will contact him.

Hi Ross,

We are able to play well by watching the bowling machine direction. But I guess we will have trouble if a bowler bowls instead of machine. Its hard to identify whether the bowler is bowling offside or leg side. Could you please let us know whether there is any indicator or hud which will help us to identify whether its offside or onside delivery.
if there is nothing like that, then please atleast replace bowling machine with bowler in the next update of net practice so that we can get used to it.....

There will be no more major modifications to CA.

Which is good, means less modifications in my pants.

...and on that note....

Merry Christmas Everyone!

means less modifications in my pants.

278299-spongebob-square-pants-disgusted-patrick.png

I will see you after therapy. :(

@Ross can you design real bats for players(ie MRF for virat kohli) it will be more realistic if u design real bats for players:):):)

i found it difficult to time "aggressive ground shots".I think main reason to that is we should press 4 buttons to play a shot. Since these shots are play more often than blocks or slogs in cricket match i think it's great if we can change ground shot controls to triggers.

i think ground shots should be the easiest shot to play in a cricket game. but in this case it is the hardest. can't believe controls to slogs are easier than ground shots. :(

The controls cannot change at this point.

I believe BA use triggers to play ground shots in their next game :(

Last edited:
i found it difficult to time "aggressive ground shots".I think main reason to that is we should press 4 buttons to play a shot. Since these shots are play more often than blocks or slogs in cricket match i think it's great if we can change ground shot controls to triggers.
Then hold the triggers down in advance and then release one or both if you decide not to play an agressive ground shot.

what did you mean exactly? you mean we can play aggressive ground shots only using 2 buttons ?

You've said this in a few threads now, still disagree. In my opinion it takes more effort to keep to ball down than in the air, so an extra button press makes sense to me.

Matt is saying to hold both triggers down before the ball is bowled and then take fingers off triggers according to which shot you want to play, which is a tactic I'm going to pursue when I'm feeling confident in a test match, in an attempt to keep the ball out of the air, probably won't work though i feel you have to play the aggressive ground shot a little earlier than the standard shot, also has a higher risk of an edge i think as well.

If it was easy to keep the ball down then everyone would be Bradman. It's not.

If it was easy to keep the ball down then everyone would be Bradman. It's not.

yah i agree :)

what i'm trying to say is it's easy to slog a six than playing a cover drive in this game.

if ground shots are difficult to play, players are gonna slog everything :)

keep the ball down isn't the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread