Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

You're talking absolute rubbish.

You can hit the ball in the air without any triggers - quite often the result of poor timing or footwork. It is not, by any means, a 'slog'. Why would they include the trigger shot if you could do it already without the trigger...

No its not

you can hit perfect timed cover drives or slogs without triggers. Its totally depends on line and length.

actually you can play slog or ground shot just using foot cntrl and shot selection.
Didnt you know that ?

Well that is my christmas present to you :p

Thats not a slog....thats you failing to keep the ball on the ground and getting caught due to not timing it properly. A slog is typically a shot that you try to hit with maximum power and invariably to hit a six......just hitting the ball in the air is not called a slog.

Here...this is from Wiki:

Slog refers to a type of shot in many forms of cricket where the batsman attempts to hit the ball as far as possible with the aim to hit a six or at the least a four. It is an extremely dangerous shot to play since the ball is almost certainly going to be in the air for a long period of time and great technique and power is required from the batsman to actually clear the field

In DBC14, You need the LT to play the shot with 'maximum' power + the batsman will try to hit it in the air (thus a slog)...where as LT+RT pressed together would also mean hitting the shot with power, but the batsman will 'try' to keep it on the ground (in real cricket also its harder to hit a powerful shot along the ground than in the air). If you just wanna time the ball well, you do not need to press any triggers, however the batsman will not try to put much 'power' behind that shot....it will all be about timing in this case.

So if you notice the controls in DBC14 closely, it is easier to time the ball than it is to hit a powerful shot. Also it is easier to hit a slog as compared to an attacking ground shot (am just talking about the number of buttons here....in reality there would be a lot of variables in play to determine the difficulty level in the type of shot you wanna play). The controls are perfectly defined in my opinion, and it shows that a lot of thought has gone behind the controls.

Last edited:
No its not

you can hit perfect timed cover drives or slogs without triggers. Its totally depends on line and length.

Yes. It is rubbish.

Hitting the ball in the air without any triggers isn't going to magically give it more power and turn it into a 'slog'. That is the whole point of the aggressive trigger...

God some people just don't know cricket.

PS For people still having trouble, this game does not cheat and if you make a mistake it's on you.

The best shots in the game with low risk are the drives, just like cricket. If you can not drive well down the ground then goodbye.

This 4 buttons for a slog, just 3 on the higher difficulties and only 2 on the lower 2 levels.

I played cricket for years as a young teenager and I can say this, it just feels like cricket. Think like a cricketer and you will play better, even spinners are not that hard now. Still like Ross said it's hard to keep the ball down just like this game.

Merry Christmas to all of you.:D

I just realized I better practice with a left handed batsman as well :p. Feels so awkward playing as a left handed batsman in this game:spy

all im saying is this game has easier controls to slog than ground shots. It doesnt mean slogs are easy.
In a cricket game we mostly play ground shots . Because of that i think ground shot controls should be little bit easier.
This is nothing to do with keep the ball in ground crap.
And if someone say ground shots are hard to play than a slog in real life,
please dont joke

all im saying is this game has easier controls to slog than ground shots. It doesnt mean slogs are easy.
In a cricket game we mostly play ground shots . Because of that i think ground shot controls should be little bit easier.
This is nothing to do with keep the ball in ground crap.
And if someone say ground shots are hard to play than a slog in real life,
please dont joke

In a cricket game we play slogs in the past to be honest mate. There is nothing wrong with the controls in this game, sure there is a few things missing that I wish was there.

The easiest shots are drives and defence in this game.

PS Keeping the ball down will keep the changers of being caught Ross means, there is a reason why The Don has a average way higher than anyone else. PS It's Christmas so just enjoy the holiday and the nets.:thumbs

I don't even know what your point is anymore.

Are you talking about basic non-trigger ground shots? If so, it doesn't get much easier than having to get the correct timing and footwork.

If you're talking about aggresive ground shots, it isn't anymore difficult to hold down two triggers instead of one - your fingers should be above the triggers anyway.

Hitting the ball in the air without using any triggers does not equal a slog. It means you've made a mistake

Ross has acknowledged you won't be successful if you try to slog every ball.

There really isn't anything left which hasn't been covered.

Last edited:
Been working on this for way longer than I should have, syncing two videos is an absolute pain, but anyway the video should be self explanatory, and also hows how I suggest playing if you're insistent on aggressive ground shots as the normal.

Last edited:
Been working on this for way longer than I should have, syncing two videos is an absolute pain, but anyway the video should be self explanatory, and also hows how I suggest playing if you're insistent on aggressive ground shots as the normal.

You really suck at batting... Don't you :p.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt, Just keep both of your thumbs on the top of the analog sticks and let them rest there when you are not playing shot. That way you will have a better control. Try it, it would definitely improve you batting :p

yah i agree :)

what i'm trying to say is it's easy to slog a six than playing a cover drive in this game.

if ground shots are difficult to play, players are gonna slog everything :)

keep the ball down isn't the problem.

How on earth would you know it is easier to 'slog a six'? Have you played the full game? There is no way you can know by playing in the nets.

Anyone who has played real cricket knows it's far harder to play with good technique, keep the ball down and hit it/time it well enough than 'slogging'.

I guarantee you'll come back once it's released and say, 'yep, I was wrong, I slogged every ball and kept getting caught...'.

This is just a suggestion, but would it be better if we could widen the width of the nets area. Better still, remove the fences on the left and right hand sides.
That way we can get a better feel of how well we play our shots like the cover drive for example.

What do you all think?

Users who are viewing this thread