Cricket Academy Nets Videos/Screenshots

Can anyone post a video of various unorthodox shots in the nets??:)

Had our first club nets session today, have to say the CA nets have the sounds down pat!! After facing a few of the first team quicks I think I like the safety of my controller, its better than my bat!!!

My first ever screencast :D

Found a way to bowl yourself out with the defensive shot.

Loved the part where the ball hits the right thigh and almost rolls over to the stumps. Apologies for no sound though.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first ever screencast :D

Found a way to bowl yourself out with the defensive shot.

Loved the part where the ball hits the right thigh and almost rolls over to the stumps. Apologies for no sound though.

So how are you doing this? Is it a bug?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah definitely not a bug. That is what would happen, if you play that shot (with that bat angle) in real life.

That's pretty cool then. BA did say afterall that they want both pretty and ugly cricket, as that's what happens in real life.

It is the defensive shot with RS pulled down. Wouldn't say it's a bug but definitely not a shot I would ever use

Yep. And yes it's definitely not a bug as that is what would happen in real life too.

It's like deliberately holding the bat loosely so that the momentum and direction of the ball isn't lost when it makes contact with the bat. Talk about physics there :thumbs

I'm glad they put that in...its a subtle shot that hasn't been shown in other cricket games before I don't think...its the loose block that allows you to use the pace of the ball down towards third man. Good batsmen do it all the time.

I'm glad they put that in...its a subtle shot that hasn't been shown in other cricket games before I don't think...its the loose block that allows you to use the pace of the ball down towards third man. Good batsmen do it all the time.
Not to be confused with the Ian Bell "I'll angle it down to third man between the three slips and a gully on this bouncy Sydney wicket?" block.

Not quite sure I understand the TM there. Must have missed something.

So no videos of new difficulty and pace variations plus spin bowling dipping into batsman ???

Users who are viewing this thread