Cricket Academy Nets Videos/Screenshots

I'm not sure you can really see anything in this video because I've really scrunched it to keep the file size down.

It's on fast / random / pro cam / average / legend / hud off.

Everyone must have seen stuff like this by now but there were a few bits here I enjoyed and felt were examples of authentic gameplay. Couple of bat pad chances. A couple of deliveries with a lot of movement + some errors with realistic consequences.

My favourite bits are a hook shot right in front of my face at 0.57 and a straight drive at 1.58. Or pixelated blobs to that effect.

http://vimeo.com/84445539

edit : I have no idea how to embed here

Last edited:
^ Nothing opens up. Try pasting the full URL

That edit make any difference?

Nope. Still a blank page. Or it might just be me.

EDIT: It definitely seems to me as none of the vimeo videos are opening at my end.

Last edited:
We've only got the embed codes for YouTube - the direct link works for me though.

My first century in nets :thumbs aided heavily by the multiplier :D

r2j0ae.png

Has anyone become extremely comfortable against both spin and fast bowling, irrespective of difficulty? I haven't but i have not played it as much as many of you lot. So was wondering if anyone got really good at it now.

Has anyone become extremely comfortable against both spin and fast bowling, irrespective of difficulty? I haven't but i have not played it as much as many of you lot. So was wondering if anyone got really good at it now.

I was pretty efficient at front foot grounded (played late) drive, so much so that I have to try and lower that confidence as I know when it comes to game time, picking the line is going to be so much difficult, added with the varied bounce and cracks, etc.. don't want to be to confident at such an early stage.

Also feel it would be more worthwile playing rookie batsman and rookie bowler (on legend difficulty) in the nets, as the first few years of my career will be with this kind of difficulty, so might as well get used to it (otherwise timing against fast bowlers will be off ,etc, as I'll be expecting 150km balls rather than 120km balls).

I'm yet to hear of someone playing a hook shot to a yorker :noway

As soon as I feel I am extremely comfortable I lose focus and play the wrong shot :facepalm. All is well till the time I am really focussing on the delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread