Cricket Academy Nets Videos/Screenshots

I'm definitely more comfortable facing pace although fast is more of a challenge than medium fast which is as it should be. Spin is where the problem for me lies especially now with the variation in pace and flight. I'll get into a groove then completely lose it for 3 or 4 balls even when blocking. It's easily the most challenging batting I have come across in a game and with Ross adding how confidence is going add to the challenge I can't see how anyone will be taking apart the bowling to begin with even with all the practice some have been getting.

I can just play sweeps shots and advance shots perfectly against spin 95% of the time. So i think I'll do okay ;)

I don't enjoy Fast Left Arm bowling... I'm not the first one this summer to have a dislike for this type of bowling. :spy

I almost feel that we shouldn't be posting our strengths and weaknesses as they could be used against us when we get to meet online!! :)

Naah. I think it would be more fun this way. In real matches other teams analyze videos of other players. We cannot do exactly same in the game but this way if i know that the opponent has a habit of throwing a couple of short balls every over with spinner then i could just defend and wait for those balls. On the contrary, if he knows that i have a habit of coming down the track frequently then he may give balls more flight and try to trick me.

Naah. I think it would be more fun this way. In real matches other teams analyze videos of other players. We cannot do exactly same in the game but this way if i know that the opponent has a habit of throwing a couple of short balls every over with spinner then i could just defend and wait for those balls. On the contrary, if he knows that i have a habit of coming down the track frequently then he may give balls more flight and try to trick me.

While on the topic for being aware of opposition strenghts, is it possible in career mode to view the skills of opposition players during a match? For example by drilling down into the academy from the scorecard etc

I think it would add a degree of realism if you could view in real time the opposition batsmen/bowers strenghts and weaknesses allowing you to construct bowling plans to specific batsmen or, as a batsman, develop mechanisms to deal with specific bowlers.

Or am I overthinking this?

While on the topic for being aware of opposition strenghts, is it possible in career mode to view the skills of opposition players during a match? For example by drilling down into the academy from the scorecard etc

I think it would add a degree of realism if you could view in real time the opposition batsmen/bowers strenghts and weaknesses allowing you to construct bowling plans to specific batsmen or, as a batsman, develop mechanisms to deal with specific bowlers.

Or am I overthinking this?

I think @BigAntStudios or @MattW has answered this question by saying, YES you will be able to check opponents' strength and weaknesses

Last edited:
I think it would be pretty easy system. As they have confirmed that there is extensive stats tracking in the game, they can use it in following way :

For Batsman: they can show a wagon wheel of a players whole career/ last few matches, mode of dismissal, type of bowler against whom he got out.

For Bowler: we could see a pitchmap of career/ last few matches with different lengths showing balls in different colors w.r.t the outcome on that ball.

Ross did confirm that you can view the players stats (including the opposition) during an actual game.

Playing left arm pace in nets:

I suck at it :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone show off a video where instead of smacking balls (like people normally do against a bowling machine) they just hit it gently? I'm talking about just placing the ball along the ground for 1 or 2 runs. Maybe a flick off the hip for a quick single to square leg.

Don't have video...but that is possible if you hold the defensive trigger in slightly (not the whole way). It remains as the same defensive shot animation, but the ball doesn't die at your feet. It comes off as more of a push - kind of life what you're describing.

Don't have video...but that is possible if you hold the defensive trigger in slightly (not the whole way). It remains as the same defensive shot animation, but the ball doesn't die at your feet. It comes off as more of a push - kind of life what you're describing.

Yes, just that you can only play in the V. As far as I know, you can't hit the ball behind square when you are using the "defensive" trigger.

The key is to play late, one shot in video is in ideal timing and it goes more towards thirdman.

Users who are viewing this thread