Cricket Academy Nets Videos/Screenshots

That's 36,211 :eek: or 3,621!, which again is :eek:

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Its just 362 :spy (The !! you see is what gets added in front of the streak when you cross 200 :p)

----------

@angad take a breather,you dont want to be burnt out when the real matches begin:yes.seriously stop practicising:p

There is always something new 'everytime' I play nets!! Every variable (left handed vs right handed, spin vs pace, Orthodox Spin Vs Unorthodox, Over the Wicket vs Around the Wicket) adds a totally new dimension to the gameplay. So far, am totally struggling at batting left handed....it feels totally unnatural!

Take a leg stump stance and cream everything on the offside like lefties do ;)
Occasionally flick the straight balls and you are good to go as a left hander. Leg stump stance is handy if you play predominantly on frontfoot. Because now you can play short ball on the off side while on the front foot, which is easier to do than playing the pull on the front foot which more often than not result in gloving the ball or missing it.

@angad thats a relief still 362 is damn good , i havnt crossed 200:noway
got to practice more to have a chance against u.
i find playing to midwicket region easier with lefties also square or late cut on anything slightly short.

Can we place the ball behind the wicket keeper if the ball is short??:)

Yes but ball has to be a tad too short than normal short balls and you have to play it very late.

Take a leg stump stance and cream everything on the offside like lefties do ;)
Occasionally flick the straight balls and you are good to go as a left hander. Leg stump stance is handy if you play predominantly on frontfoot. Because now you can play short ball on the off side while on the front foot, which is easier to do than playing the pull on the front foot which more often than not result in gloving the ball or missing it.

Thanks...will try that!! :cheers

@angad thats a relief still 362 is damn good , i havnt crossed 200:noway
got to practice more to have a chance against u.
i find playing to midwicket region easier with lefties also square or late cut on anything slightly short.

The calculation of streaks in the current setup is not really a good judge of how well one plays. It doesnt show how many edges I got :p!

Can we place the ball behind the wicket keeper if the ball is short??:)

Yeh....there are 2-3 videos in this thread showing the upper cut. Some of those upper cuts were played real fine! I think so far I have seen atleast 20 such things which I never thought I would ever see in a cricket game......the sweetest one was getting the slightest of edges off a pull shot down the leg side :)!

Any videos of a full toss being bowled in the nets?

Here (this is the max I could go with the manual marker in nets):

And as a bonus....you get to see me batting as a left hander :p

Last edited by a moderator:
^ But the scoops aren't going in the way you intend them to do :p

Tried fine leg glance, the first one is a leg bye.

leg glance in dbc14 - YouTube

I dont know if BigAnt is changing any parameters related to physics in the game in the CA updates, but with the latest version of nets I have seen a lot of variation in how the ball behaves off the bat and it seems much much much more varied and realistic. Just for example see the bottom edge in the below video @00:27, or the faint inside edge to the keeper @ 5:47. Its these subtle things that really create a wow factor in this game for me :yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, inside edges are totally unpredictable, they always surprise you in the nets, the engine is the key. Ac13 wanted to achieve this but their game engine was nowhere near as responsive as dbc14 which 505 games also said in the apology.

Users who are viewing this thread