Cricket Academy Nets Videos/Screenshots

One thing which I find a major downside about the pro mode cam is after you play a shot you can't even see where the ball goes, forearm blocks it all off in real life you would watch where the ball is going.

Also put everything on legend and set my batsmen to very poor and it was still very easy to hit shots, even on legend you can hit legside balls to the off side which isn't that much of a problem but the pace of the ball seems slow. Could have been faster imo.

One more thing I don't understand this foot movement mechanic because when I select a front foot shot to say a back of a length ball my batsmen just does a back foot pull or cut anyway, whats the deal with that? Either that or the animations look very similar.

The ball physics seem really good imo so that looks promising, the nicks when you do get one are also good, nice to see thin edges make it into the game.

It is a net demo so can't say much more really, seems ok so far.

Last edited:
Also put everything on legend and set my batsmen to very poor and it was still very easy to hit shots, even on legend you can hit legside balls to the off side which isn't that much of a problem but the pace of the ball seems slow. Could have been faster imo.
Have you tried all this with the Hud elements removed? That's much more of a challenge. I wouldn't speed it up because that seems like a cheap way of making it more difficult, like how the ball marker whizzes around more in higher difficulties in previous games. It's fast enough for me.

ynoa.jpg

My Frontech JIL-1731 game controller seems not working :-( only I can leave the ball by pressing right stick,which game controller you guys using and and recommend to use?

mate, switch on the analog and see the magic....

That swing bowling you were facing Matt swings very late. Tough to play!

What are ball colours in game around ball?
That orange green and red one what does they represent??

Have you tried all this with the Hud elements removed? That's much more of a challenge. I wouldn't speed it up because that seems like a cheap way of making it more difficult, like how the ball marker whizzes around more in higher difficulties in previous games. It's fast enough for me.

Yeah I'll have to try this. Wouldn't speed what up? I'm guessing there's an option to speed up gameplay?

Been playing it a lot and so far two main things that stick out are that there don't seem to be many shot animations for example if you hold up on the left analog stick for front foot then try to cut the ball square he does this back foot/slash type shot everytime which is bizarre. that shot that was in the first trailer.

Also I knew I wouldn't be a fan of the camera modes, I don't see how we are required to use these for the best gameplay, can't see how it'll be much different just using tele cam which I'll be sticking too.

All in all I think it'll be a fun game, but I think future itterations will probably be where we'll really see the game evolve in terms of a more realistic feel (doing those 3rd man nudge shots they do in odi's etc) :thumbs

Yeah I'll have to try this. Wouldn't speed what up? I'm guessing there's an option to speed up gameplay?

Been playing it a lot and so far two main things that stick out are that there don't seem to be many shot animations for example if you hold up on the left analog stick for front foot then try to cut the ball square he does this back foot/slash type shot everytime which is bizarre. that shot that was in the first trailer.

Also I knew I wouldn't be a fan of the camera modes, I don't see how we are required to use these for the best gameplay, can't see how it'll be much different just using tele cam which I'll be sticking too.

All in all I think it'll be a fun game, but I think future itterations will probably be where we'll really see the game evolve in terms of a more realistic feel (doing those 3rd man nudge shots they do in odi's etc) :thumbs

It seems that they have focused on having animations that subtly blend from one to the other, which is very impressive, but from all of the play session and now nets videos it does seem like there isn't an awful lot of shot variety.

I would love to see a video of a back foot drive. Lots of videos have shown front foot drives with the ball flying off the slice of the back. For a ball that short and bouncing that much you should be on the back foot.

It seems that they have focused on having animations that subtly blend from one to the other, which is very impressive, but from all of the play session and now nets videos it does seem like there isn't an awful lot of shot variety.

I would love to see a video of a back foot drive. Lots of videos have shown front foot drives with the ball flying off the slice of the back. For a ball that short and bouncing that much you should be on the back foot.

Yeah I'm yet to see an "uppish" back foot drive. I know I'm highlighting a lot of negatives here but after such a long time waiting to play it is interesting to see whats what and whats not. One main concern I have is how easy it is for me to play the game even on the hardest settings, it took me a good while to get used to ashes09 and found that VERY difficult at the start.

All in all though I think it's on the right track, but I don't think it will be the game some of us may have expected it to be.

Yeah I'm yet to see an "uppish" back foot drive. I know I'm highlighting a lot of negatives here but after such a long time waiting to play it is interesting to see whats what and whats not. One main concern I have is how easy it is for me to play the game even on the hardest settings, it took me a good while to get used to ashes09 and found that VERY difficult at the start.

All in all though I think it's on the right track, but I don't think it will be the game some of us may have expected it to be.

You're not playing against AI yet. This is just bowling that's either predictable or random. It's not at all clever and trying to get you out. You also don't have fielders to avoid and runs to score. Timing is just one thing :D I'm a superb batsman against the bowling machine!

My favourite thing from these videos is the sound of the ball hitting the bat. Sounds superb!

Users who are viewing this thread