Cricket Academy Nets Videos/Screenshots

Hey guys, I am uploading a video of the bouncers in the nets.

I play some pretty dumb shots at the start, there is a pull in there somewhere. It is about a minute and a half long, watch it through to the end as it gets better in my opinion.

Anyway, once it is live, it will be here. https://vimeo.com/81877376

Shouldn't have used vimeo, but there is no turning back now!!!!

Why? You can use both PS3 and 360 controllers to play it on the PC?

Has anyone had stumps flying yet? Might just be because it's nets but even the fastest balls only knock the bails off for me. I don't seem to have any problem playing the pace though. Pace feels medium to me. Medium feels slow, and spin feels very slow, haha! Could just be the camera angle though.

Has anyone had stumps flying yet? Might just be because it's nets but even the fastest balls only knock the bails off for me. I don't seem to have any problem playing the pace though. Pace feels medium to me. Medium feels slow, and spin feels very slow, haha! Could just be the camera angle though.

I didn't manage to capture it, but I have had one delivery knock off peg out of the ground from an outside edge onto my stumps.

Ive driven the ball at the stumps at the far end and seen them fly out of the ground, so the physics seems to be there

Has anyone had stumps flying yet? Might just be because it's nets but even the fastest balls only knock the bails off for me.
The stumps went flying back once for me... after I hit them at the non-strikers end. Close enough?

Hey guys, I am uploading a video of the bouncers in the nets.

I play some pretty dumb shots at the start, there is a pull in there somewhere. It is about a minute and a half long, watch it through to the end as it gets better in my opinion.

Anyway, once it is live, it will be here. https://vimeo.com/81877376

Shouldn't have used vimeo, but there is no turning back now!!!!
Hahaha! Look at the head/neck on the two deliveries after 0:09, turns to follow the ball and can do an entire 180! :D

I have no idea how to get my PS3 or PS4 controller to work for this game. I managed to leave some balls and slogged it a couple of times, no contact though.

Why can't we just have a demo on console too:facepalm.

Nice bouncers video. I like the sway to get out of the way. Also in the pro cam facing bouncers genuinely looks quite scary, which is great. It will feel even better when it's me playing on a big screen.

I have no idea how to get my PS3 or PS4 controller to work for this game. I managed to leave some balls and slogged it a couple of times, no contact though.

If you are able to swing the bat then it means that it is working fine, now go to controller setting read about controlling and play it will work perfectly after a little practice.

If you are able to swing the bat then it means that it is working fine, now go to controller setting read about controlling and play it will work perfectly after a little practice.

The controls weren't correctly mapped on the PS3, so aggressive shot and leave were the only buttons that worked, not the vital analogs.

I managed to get it working by finding a better program for the PS4, the PS3 is still a mystery.

I have to say, it's tough. It's quite easy getting near 100 with defensive shots as it should be. Perhaps at most it is a bit too easy (e.g. defending tough balls outside off should lead to edges or misses as they should be left). Anything else is much harder and the slog shots seem quite narrow in scope which is good, plus they aren't as easy to get a connection on as ground shots. Front foot/back foot is a bit pointless as from what I saw, you could play any shot on either foot. I couldn't do a proper back foot drive for example, it just took a couple of steps back then played a front foot style straight drive. There should be a big penalty for going on the wrong foot, like edges. It's very satisfying timing a ball well, and even more satisfying knowing you've played the right shot for the ball, which is tbh rare for me.

I wasn't expecting much from this game... Now I am. Superb so far, if the bowling is good too and the fielding is at least a bit interactive, we are in for the best cricket game of all time by a distance. The graphics surprised me too, those are top, top quality.

Yeah my PC isnt optimised to play games at all, I only use it for CAD work...I play games on my console thats why I have it. Would have been cool if us console guys could have shared in the fun :-/

The videos look fantastic, love the sound bat on ball, it takes me back to when I used to do indoor nets, very realistic.
Really like the drift from the spin bowling even if it is exaggerated. Will be interesting to see how much drift you get when bowling manually and how the weather conditions will influence it. Once again though as I have stated several times before, the fast bowling is far too pedestrian. Those bouncers almost float towards the batsman and don't seem much quicker than the spinner setting.

Users who are viewing this thread