Cricket Academy Nets Videos/Screenshots

Agreed, a slider would be nice :).

Regarding the online though, that's understandable and didn't consider it.

Online always has a default setting but you need the slider setting mostly for ofline gameplay to enhance longevity. Online gameplay will always be good due to human AI.

Last edited:
Could the "its too slow!!!" complaints simply be because the bowling trail is there - because you can see where the ball has been; it just appears slower to the eye without actually being slower?

I think the "pace" is just fine.

I think the "pace" is just fine.

I actually find the fast bowlers a tad too fast. Don't have enough time to judge line & length to play a well timed shot. Most of my shots off fast bowlers are 'late' and I have to pre-mediate quite often. Medium pacers & spinners are fun to play though.

Absolutely agree. The nets are (I suspect) a little deceptive, because although the sound the shot makes, is kinda rewarding... I don't think they're going to the boundary any time soon, heh.

I actually find the fast bowlers a tad too fast. Don't have enough time to judge line & length to play a well timed shot. Most of my shots off fast bowlers are 'late' and I have to pre-mediate quite often. Medium pacers & spinners are fun to play though.
I have enough time to play well timed shots without premeditating off a fast bowler. However, I don't have enough time to adjust to use the triggers, as they aren't analog for me.

I have enough time to play well timed shots without premeditating off a fast bowler. However, I don't have enough time to adjust to use the triggers, as they aren't analog for me.

I don't use the triggers at all and simply go with analog sticks. Placement and timing is what I aim for, and not forceful or special shots. Even then i am late most of the time. When I try to judge line & length and select a shot accordingly I'm either late on the shot or miss the ball altogether.

Exactly what I do. I hope to get a proper Xbox controller for the actual game though so I can play properly with the triggers.

I havent played the game so I can't comment on that, but I suppose an easy response to the "bowling is too slow make it realistic" would be, how many of you have actually faced a bowling machine at 145-150kph? I have and I only managed to connect with about 10% of the deliveries, once I got nailed by a yorker right on my big toe....I never even saw the ball.

There's a reason why there's international cricketers on the field, and us chumps sitting at home watching them. Not everyone has the ability to constantly perform against bowling at such speeds, especially not the average gamer and I doubt BA Studios want gamers to have a SR of 10 when playing the game :P

To those saying the bowling is slow, have you actually played on the Legendary level without the ball markers? If it was any faster than what it is currently then the game would be almost unplayable at the highest levels! Also, in Nets, you already know the direction of the ball 'before' its delivered (by seeing the position of the bowling machine + the fact that if you hear the sound before the ball is bowled, its gonna be a wide one), where as when you actually play in a game, you would not know the line and length of the delivery till its actually released from the bowler's hand. Also, on top of that, you wont even know if its an inswinger or outswinger.

I think the pace of the deliveries is 'perfect' from gameplay point of view. Its quick enough to get you hurried into your shot and also misjudge the length (and line in final game) from time to time.

If you are damn good at the game, why not upload a video of yourself playing on Legendary, without any markers and then playing perfectly timed shots (and not only defensive ones) all the time. And if anyone is able to do that, he would be a great player in the game and would be a part of a minority, which is also good as you dont want the gameplay to be impossible to play (even in Fifa the legendary levels are easily beatable once you become good at that game but for not-so-good players it is a very difficult level to play at, and thats how it should be, else no point having a level which is impossible to play.

I personally find the NETS too hard.

No matter what key I press, the batsmen just LEAVES the ball?

Is there a fix for this in a PATCH?

Users who are viewing this thread