Cricket Academy Now Available

Just to carry this over to a more relevant thread -

We're still finalising how players from the old game are handled when edited - the currently available academy version does however allow you to download and edit umpires made in DBC14 - as in any player that was shared with that checkbox for making you available as an umpire checked.

So for example if you do a search for Biggs with the umpire filter on, you'd be able to download and then edit that player. If you can report any weirdness in what happens when you edit DBC14 creations, then we can look to unlocking player editing more generally.
Hey @MattW, I downloaded an 'umpire' version of me and it looks pretty good, it carried across very well with a few minor tweaks needed. With regards to the PC team, if we share our self as an umpire is that still going to be okay? Or is there some way to change it to a player? Sorry if this is in the wrong thread I was replying to this here.

Hey @MattW, I downloaded an 'umpire' version of me and it looks pretty good, it carried across very well with a few minor tweaks needed.
Do you think that with the tweaks you got it closer than you did in DBC14?

With regards to the PC team, if we share our self as an umpire is that still going to be okay? Or is there some way to change it to a player? Sorry if this is in the wrong thread I was replying to this here.
I don't know the answer from a game perspective - I'll count it as an entry, but you might need to redo the edits on a player version once that's unlocked. I'll find out on Monday the exact answer.

Do you think that with the tweaks you got it closer than you did in DBC14?

I don't know the answer from a game perspective - I'll count it as an entry, but you might need to redo the edits on a player version once that's unlocked. I'll find out on Monday the exact answer.

Thanks for the quick reply.

It is much closer than DBC14. I really love the new Academy.

I can't seem to be able to run the demo. It launches, (I see a black screen for 1 second) and then goes back to Steam (I see the status of "running..." being displayed next to the game name in the list and then it vanishes too after 2-3 seconds after the crash). Are there any logs that I can look into?

I can't seem to be able to run the demo. It launches, (I see a black screen for 1 second) and then goes back to Steam (I see the status of "running..." being displayed next to the game name in the list and then it vanishes too after 2-3 seconds after the crash). Are there any logs that I can look into?
The likelihood is if that's the behaviour then your system doesn't meet the required specifications to run the demo.

If you want to PM me a dxdiag I can confirm this.

@HBK619 I had another crash to Desktop issue yesterday. Once coming out of (esc) creating an umpire and twice exiting created players. Doesn't happen everytime in fact its rare but since there hasn't been a steam update since the last fix I don't know why its come back.

I apologise if this is not the right thread to share my problem...
So I downloaded the game last night from Steam, and when I open the game, the Don Bradman Cricket 17 logo shows up on the screen just fine,
22577726cd3c91b7112ca54ac371709dcc83520a.png
followed by the Big Ant logo,
22577728f03e38a7e25ebdcd0edff2d3f0b7d47f.png
and then the DBC 17 logo again, with the beta version number. So far so good.
But then, nothing. Just a black screen with the pointer on it.
2257774964b74343cc047aeae747d77594cb8958.png

Please don't break my heart; please don't tell me than I cannot run the game. :'(

How long did you wait? It can still be loading at that screen.

Likewise, if you don't meet the system requirements, particularly for RAM/VRAM it could never be able to load all the data needed. Post your system specs with a dxdiag.

I apologise if this is not the right thread to share my problem...
So I downloaded the game last night from Steam, and when I open the game, the Don Bradman Cricket 17 logo shows up on the screen just fine,
22577726cd3c91b7112ca54ac371709dcc83520a.png
followed by the Big Ant logo,
22577728f03e38a7e25ebdcd0edff2d3f0b7d47f.png
and then the DBC 17 logo again, with the beta version number. So far so good.
2257774964b74343cc047aeae747d77594cb8958.png

Please don't break my heart; please don't tell me than I cannot run the game. :'(
Same thing happened to me. After waiting for 3-4 mins on that black screen the game opened. Maybe try waiting for some time? The reason for mine is probably system is not good enough.

Thanks for the response, guys. I waited for around 15 minutes last night and 15 minutes again, a while back... but to no avail. I plan on waiting one hour later today (some guys just don't get the hints lol)

So here are my system specs:
2257804537b17f7571abba6057f5fed1040d6b43.png
The screenshots of the DxDiag:
2257805012b10b0b2147eea0e4d9be0535029705.png

2257804907855a0837d030c542644ded17f905f2.png

22578048c041e8b27ae3057ffb3d749179284f0e.png

22578047bc9afbeb2fc26e1814a760e364096c45.png
And I've also attached the DxDiag file...

EDIT: I do not have the controller connected to my PC, as it is not in my possession right now. Could that be a reason?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    27.8 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
The likelihood is if that's the behaviour then your system doesn't meet the required specifications to run the demo.

If you want to PM me a dxdiag I can confirm this.

It worked for me previously on med settings but yesterday i had exactly the same issue as aspirin reports

Update: Just found the config and dx files on the My Games\Cricket 17 folder... Thought that's what you were originally asking for @MattW .

Attachments

• config.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 113
  • dx.dat
    27.8 KB · Views: 124
Any news on the upcoming update? I.e. content and e.t.a.

Users who are viewing this thread