Cricket Academy Version 0.0.73 Discussion

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
controls are messedup not like dbc 14 "/

It may appear complex for first timers but It offers a lot more control on my player. I'm able think like I play it for real and the controller lets me to execute that in an "almost perfect" way!
This control gave me a touch of realism, as I'm playing in real life! :)

Problem: I began to wonder Why can't my lefty character play shots at Extra Cover? I think it's not entirely upon me! The Ball speed seems pretty slow when hit.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
look forward to each friday to see what big ant have in store next :thumbs itching to play a match!
even i am dying to play a match but i don't think that BA will release any full fledged gameplay updates yet because there's still a lot of work to be done in terms of ball physics and particularly batsman's gameplay as many users are having problems with the different array of shots introduced till now like helicopter shot , leg glances , cover drives , pull shots etc.
i hope they introduce real match updates till the end of october
i am also excited to see how BA will make batting and bowling tutorials for dbc17 as its an imp. part of the game specifically for those who don't play it on a regular basis and just want to play cricket without looking at the technicalities like some of my frnds who just want to bat and hit 4s and 6s.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No, we will not release a match for you to play in the Academy and we never said we would - it has nothing to do with game state - posts like this are not helpful in any way, they give us nothing. Joining dots that don't exist, and then coming to a conclusion based on your more than flawed logic, is more than annoying.

We use The Academy to try derivatives of the game to test what people think, it is not indicative of the current state of the game, it lags behind as it is a separate executable.

Matches are playable in our offices, the world premiere is around mid-October (specific date TBA) in Melbourne where the public will get to play the full game.

Last edited:

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No, we will not release a match for you to play in the Academy and we never said we would - it has nothing to do with game state - posts like this are not helpful in any way, they give us nothing. Joining dots that don't exist, and then coming to a conclusion based on your more than flawed logic, is more than annoying.

We use The Academy to try derivatives of the game to test what people think, it is not indicative of the current state of the game, it lags behind as it is a separate executable.

Matches are playable in our offices, the world premiere is around mid-October (specific date TBA) in Melbourne where the public will get to play the full game.

I don't get it ross why don't you just release the entire game for free?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I'm sure people would still pirate it...
I doubt that mainly because from the initial release of academy its been compulsory online login to enter into it which wasnt the case with DBC 14...

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England

It's truly amazing how ungrateful some people are. How many other game studios would do what Big Ant are doing? I love looking forward to each Friday to see what the latest version of the demo bring us. It makes the wait for the release go so much faster. A great way to run a beta program. All credit to Big Ant for being so generous and responsive to the fans.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
which i think is good as if that had been the case those pirated versions of 14 wouldnt have happened to the extent it happened.
Yeah absolutely, really hope this time Indians BUY the game and erase the piracy from the country..Its slowly moving towards that direction and hopefully it goes away totally..

I was actually hurt seeing India's name with piracy in that IGN article...Its not a thing one would like to read...Its a country's name being affected more than anything..Hopefully people understand and get on the right path..

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

So damn unfair to be in a non cricketing country....I will protest outside Australian embassy if they don't organize a parallel event here in Germany.

Users who are viewing this thread