Cricket Allrounders

Ella Wilson

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Four famour cricket all rounders have been Kapil Dev,Imran Khan,Richard Hadlee and Ian Botham. Its strange that all of them played at the same time. All of them were fast bowlers. and good hitters of ball and played both levels of cricket i.e Test Match and One Day Cricket.

What exactly is the motive behind this thread ?

Anyways,i take it as discussion on the Cricketing Allrounders.
And i must say that Allrounders have always helped a team out of tough situations.
Lance Klkusener,Jadeja,Micheal Bevan are a few -just to name them.

Jaques Kallis isn't that bad when he's been captain. Flintoff is still a bit uncertain in some aspects, but he's done a great job; especially in India.

ste_mc_efc said:
have any allrounders made good captains?

Kapil Dev was a good captain.Flintoff is the latest one to be made a captain I reckon,he's done ok so far as well.

Steve Waugh-i do consider him as an all-rounder.He was a good captain.
So were the South African Hansie Cronje and Shaun Pollock.
Sanath Jayasuriya also led well but then he lost confidence after the 2003 Cricket World Cup.

evertonfan said:
Jaques Kallis isn't that bad when he's been captain.

Kallis has led SA very, very few times, though, hasn't he?
And of course Waugh was an allrounder- he was more than a good captain, too, from what we can see from the outside anyway. He was criticized by some because of his questionable and sometimes vague way of communicating with his players, but brilliant nonetheless.

iceman_waugh said:
What exactly is the motive behind this thread ?

Anyways,i take it as discussion on the Cricketing Allrounders.
And i must say that Allrounders have always helped a team out of tough situations.
Lance Klkusener,Jadeja,Micheal Bevan are a few -just to name them.

Michael Bevan wasn't an all rounder, he was a good SLA bowler, but not a All rounder.

Are we only talking about international players here? Because Darren Lehmann is a pretty decent captain for Yorkshire. Although i'm not sure if he is a proper all rounder.

Before my time, but I believe Raymond Illingworth was a succesful all rounder and captain of England?

And again before my time, but I think Brain Close was an all-rounder, early in his career anyway. Not sure he captained England, but after reading Ian Botham's autobiography he was an excellent skipper for Somerset.

Lance Klusener was best in a particular period of time especially during 99WC!!!

Irfan Pathan is in developing stage for allrounder!!!
But the quality allrounders in present cricket according to me are kallis and Flintoff!!! :happy

Users who are viewing this thread