Twenty20 Dream Team

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
An idea shamelessly stolen from CW, but meh.

If you could pick a Twenty20 Squad that included players from any era of the game, irrespective of whether they've played T20 or not, who would you pick?

1. Matthew Hayden
2. Barry Richards
3. Sir Vivian Richards
4. Andrew Symonds
5. Sir Garfield Sobers
6. MS Dhoni +
7. Imran Khan
8. Kapil Dev
9. Ian Botham
10. Shane Warne *
11. Malcolm Marshall

12. Jonty Rhodes (perfect sub fielder)
13. Keith Miller
14. Sachin Tendulkar
15. Joel Garner

I've gone for a balance of a few Modern players like Hayden, Symonds, Dhoni and Warne, but mixed in with a few greats of the past eras. The team bats decently all the way down to Warne at 10. There are bowling options in Marshall, Imran, Botham, Dev, Warne, Sobers and Symonds and a destructive batting line-up that could take apart any bowling attack put in front of them. I'd love to see Hayden and Richards opening the batting, would have been superb to watch if they'd both got going. Heck of a side that. Let's see yours....

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I couldn't really pick a T20 team, but I'd have Gilchrist instead of Dhoni. Both played the same amount of innings and Gilchrist has more runs. Dhoni's average is boosted because he bats down the order and has a lot of not outs.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yeh but if Gilly played he'd have to open, and I wanted Hayden and Richards opening, so there's just no space for Gilly. It's pointless playing him down the order, may as well play Dhoni there in a position he's used to.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'll always have Misbah,Abdul Qadir,Wasim Akram instead of Kapil dev,Ian botham and Shane warne.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yes Dear They are all Legends mate.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
I couldn't really pick a T20 team, but I'd have Gilchrist instead of Dhoni. Both played the same amount of innings and Gilchrist has more runs. Dhoni's average is boosted because he bats down the order and has a lot of not outs.

It's not his fault he doesn't get out. Besides if you come into bat from the 17th over onwards, every ball has to try and be a boundary ball, therefore you have got more chance of getting out, which Dhoni doesn't.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I fail to see how the don doesn't make it into a cricket team of any form. He was that good.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yeh, I considered the Don, but in the end decided that I'd go for the more destructive batsmen, in Sir Viv, Andrew Symonds and the all-rounders. Sir Don should probably be in my 15, possibly ahead of Tendulkar or Rhodes, but it was quite difficult trying to get everyone I wanted in the side. I'm happy with my XI though tbh.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Sir Don would be a difficult choice for any one but may be they can use as an anchor sheet batsman in the team.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
It's not his fault he doesn't get out. Besides if you come into bat from the 17th over onwards, every ball has to try and be a boundary ball, therefore you have got more chance of getting out, which Dhoni doesn't.
Gilchrist has more fours and more sixes, higher strike rate, more runs, nore 50s and 100s and has faced less balls. He also has more than double the amount of catches and stumpings.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Juxtaposition. OMG!!!

Richards
Gilly (+)
Don
Lara
Sobers
Botham
Dev
Imran Khan
Hadlee
Warne (*)
Barnes

Rough team for now. 2 pure bowlers, the 5 greatest allrounders of the game, the most destructive keeper in the game, and 3 of the finest batsmen to have ever played. Not to mention the greatest skipper there never was (and the best in T20 by far). And plenty of destructive ability. Should work. Fielding might be an issue though.

Looking at this again...I probably don't even need Barnes. Could fit another batsman instead of him...

jontyrhodes

School Cricketer
Hayden
Gilchrist

Yuvraj
Rohit Sharma
Symonds

Razzaq
Afridi
Akram

vettori
Malinga
Johnson

I think this set of batsmen is more likely to fetch me more runs in 20 overs.
I am not so sure about Afridi/Razzaq/Johnson in my line up though.

Users who are viewing this thread