Cricket Coach and ICC 2005

Is Cricket Coach Better Then ICC 2005 ?

• Total voters
Cricket coach looks better and has a more proffesional look, but it has loads of bugs and crashes a lot.

I tried it and I wasn't impressed. Main screen is too cluttered, game engine is to fast and has no feeling behind it (don't know if this makes sense to anyone, just doesn't feel like real cricket in the way ICC 2005 does). The game engine gives no way (that I could see in the session or so I played) to see whether the ball is off the ground. Single or catch? Your guess is as good as mine.

CC has less graphics , No team logo's etc, even fake logos would have been good, like ICC 2005.

Freddiefan go to options and change highlights to realtime(default is veryfast)

andrew_nixon said:
From what people are saying, Cricket Coach certainly has potential, but it needs a lot of work. From the bugs that have been described, I find it hard to believe that the correct version has been released.

The last sentance is how feel. Perhaps we should have made it clear we were happy to wait another month (or three !!)

Cricket Coach Website said:
"Choose your field - will you be a traditional or forward thinking captain?"

Dunno Oli ..You tell me how I can change it - and I'll answer this puzzler for you ! :(

Clarker

Sad, Only CC people voted YES.

Nope...it wasn't "only CC people"! 4 of the 6 - were not CC staff.

yeah i also think that Ricey, Oli and Glenn voted for that game

Hi Sureshot and I lovegilly
Thats why i say that they should borrow the match engine from ICC2005 than it could be no1 cricket game with current engine it goes no where

People keep mentioning that "this could be the cricket worlds FM"

Well even if they iron out the bugs the gameplay for me was poor. I agree with just about everything Freddiefan said, at the moment it is closer to being a Championship Manager in its current incarnation. Simple, uninspired and barely like cricket.

I guess it could appeal to a select few who want a simple management game, but I can not imagine there are a massive amount of them.

The aggression bars for the batsman and bowlers are so limited, surely at full aggression you should be able to score at very high run rates but run the risk of getting out. Not just set it to high aggression and leave it for the day... Just seems like you have such little control over anything in the game.

Last edited:
I gave it one more go. Thanks to Sman-21, the highlight speed made things slightly better. However, playing for longer only realised the complete abscence of tactics in this game. I started my batsmen off defensively, like in real cricket, but was soon 47-4. I then put my two players at fully attacking and they scored at around 3 an over for the rest of the day, without losing any more wickets. Try full aggression on ICC 2005, or in real cricket, and see how far you get.

ICC owns this, I guess I swayed by the amount of teams and features in this game.
If ICC can add more domestic teams and more features and remove a few bugs then no one will be able to beat it.

HowzatCricket.net (HC) may beat both of these games.

I played this game again last night and found how unrealistic it could get i posted 1000-9 dec. with Strauss hitting 425* and Udal 195*(ish). Then in the one dayers I posted atleast 320 each time i batted first, the best Pakistan did was about 170-2. Then it crashed back to the desktop just after the end of the one day series :( I don't think i'll be playing this over ICC now.

Cricket Coach said:
Are you one of the developers of that game? If so, any chance you could explain why there is a generic screenshot of a pocket PC on the website (http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot21op.jpg)? Always wondered why that is there as no mention of it being a platform they are developing for?
I am Graphic Head of HowzatCricket, Our game will be different from every management game so this is what makes our game special , The pocket PC is ment to represent the incoming messages of the Manager. You can se more Information on www.howzatcricket.net .

Usy

Users who are viewing this thread