Cricket Coach - Bugs thread

OK, tried the new version (because of the positive feedback).

Yes it's an improvement but it still has big issues with the match engine, which need addressing before anything is done around transfers, etc., as I can live without transfers, etc. providing that the matches are realistic & fun.

AI is better a one day run chases but is still feeble batting first (3 runs per over is typical run rate batting first). Australia _still_ don't set huge totals batting first against Bangladesh in the one day internationals)

4 day and test match run rates are still (just) too low (2-3 rpo instead of 2.5-4 rpo)

Batting against new ball is too hard (even when defending with openers), both in county game and internationals opening bats have a very very hard time getting any runs. Never get confident, fiddle around and generally get out for low scores.

Batting against old ball is too easy (tail enders can hang around for hours on end).

This leads to very lop sided score cards where frequently sides are 3 or 4 wickets down for 40-60 runs and still get good totals. Yes, I know this does happen in real life but not _all_ the time.

I'm also seeing bugs around fundamentals of cricket:

a) Same bowler bowling at both ends for extended spells (Di Venuto managed a 23 over unbroken spell bowling from both ends during a county match)

b) Bowler bowling consecutive overs from each end after a rain break

Adarsh try to install it in a differnet name ie C:\cricketcoach2006 and see if it works

Almost 90 % of the time the team batting second wins in ODIs.Its like win the toss,bowl and win the match.The 20-20 needs a lot of work.Scores are like 40,60 at the most.I win the games in like 11 overs.

I thought the batsmen walking off after they got out on a no ball had been fixed. Just happened to me then. Also the umpire gave it out! It didn't class it as a wicket loss but this is a bug that should be easy to correct

Last edited:
Cowburn - thanks, I'll look into it. Had thought I'd cleared this one but it'll go back on the list.

Gibbsrules - are you using 1.02?

Adarsh - have any of the versions ever worked on your machine? If so we're still looking into the issue affecting some users, hopefully we can address this in a future update.

Ok.. i just had a weird bug. Strauss edged to slip and was out. but he carried on batting as if nothing happened :D.

Yep :) He was on 12 and went on to make 271 :)

Here's a sort of bug, one that could probably sorted out with the database. Inzimam bowled 20 overs at me in a test :eek:.

Drewska said:
Inzimam bowled 20 overs at me in a test :eek:.

Off a no step runup I hope :p

He has actually bowled an over in odi cricket, it would be fair to say it wasn't one of the finest overs I've seen :p

i cant bowl in one dayers it informs me that my field settings arent within the restrictions but it tells me this for all field settings

and in twenty20s when i go to bowl it tells me that my bowler has reached his 1 over limit and then it gets stuck on the choose bowler pop up

Mine doesn't even start it comes up with an error, something about Ddentry in a .dll

Can anyone help me please :(

I've done it now but now when it's about to start it says "Failed To Get Device Capabilities" then it says "Error: Unable to create Directx device please contact [email protected]"

Can anyone help

no_remorse28 said:
i cant bowl in one dayers it informs me that my field settings arent within the restrictions but it tells me this for all field settings

and in twenty20s when i go to bowl it tells me that my bowler has reached his 1 over limit and then it gets stuck on the choose bowler pop up

Same, i have to autoplay odis.

Users who are viewing this thread