Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I have some time now:

Changelog:

Code:
- beach cricket fixes
- tweaks to career mode (player can gain/lose weight, rate of injury tweaks, etc.)
- tweaked lofted shots
- fixed crash with fielders in HK6/beach cricket
- fixed bug in fielding when chasing lofted balls
- tweaked camera in career mode
- tweaked fielding attributes during career mode generation
- delay when cycling through normal & dab shots is longer (more difficult to make a mistake now)
- new beach stadium
- tweaks to captaincy selection in career mode
- added BMI to career mode
- enabled Skip button in career mode when injured
- fixed Super Over display
- slowed down speed of movement/speed bars when bowling
- removed Arm ball for leg spinners
- tweaked injury calculation for career mode
- fixed display of fixture dates
- added indicator on main career screen to show how long before your next match
- re-enabled Auto Replay
- fixed injury recovery in career mode
- fixed rankings in career mode

Cheers
K

Attachments

• Patch-2.542.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 16
I notice the date on that error log is saying 16th of January...

I'm going to upload a new update in the morning just to gauge whether or not I'm on the right track with the changes. I'm also going to get a quote from Buko for the updated graphics so I can start planning the Indiegogo campaign...

And awesome updated physics :D

Kurt, I still think the Pull Shot (Z-Key) is still to hard to pull off... Ive had a few perfect short pitched balls that I've gone to play a pull shot and the timing bar tells me its perfect but the batsman is only half way through the animation by the time the ball has gone through to the keeper

----------

Ive noticed to that youve turned the 'Action Replays' on but Im playing a game, batting, lost 5 wickets and not had a reply yet.

----------

And also, during the 3rd Umpire decision the camera no longer follows the ball all the way down the pitch, it stays stucks atop the wickets at the bowlers end

@plexus: Is the Action Replay set to "ON"? And do you prefer the camera to move with the ball during lbw referrals?

EDIT: Oh and I'll speed up the pull shot animation.

EDIT: You need to go Options -> Gameplay -> Action Replay.

Last edited:
But Z is never pull... it's hook in career and cover drive in other modes. Pull is D in career and A in other modes

Just a quick point that I dont know whether has been mentioned yet...in career mode I am offered the captaincy but still field deep on the boundary.....wouldnt I want to be more in the thick of things as captain?

@Dutchad: Good point - should the captain always field inside the inner ring? Or should there be specific positions that the captain should take up?

@Dutchad: Good point - should the captain always field inside the inner ring? Or should there be specific positions that the captain should take up?

You usually see them in the slips or mid off mid on I guess......they want to have a good line to see what the ball is doing and how the pitch is reacting etcetera...

Doh. DM is right. Pull is A or D (depending on batting stance) by default. I think the animation should be made faster though.

Sorry boys, seems I cant name my shots properly, A is definetley the Pull Shot, but whatever shot is on Z needs to be sped up as well :)

Kurt, just tried to run the permission fix.exe after the new update and got this:
RUN @ 17/04/2013 5:47:46 PM

VERSION: 2.542
PROFILE: N/A

MESSAGE: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Raymond\Desktop\Full\textures\set_ribbon.ss'.

STACK TRACE: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
at Utility.XML.XMLParser.Parse(String filename)
at Resources.Sprites.Spritesheet.LoadSpriteSheet(String filename)
at Resources.Sprites.Spritesheet..ctor(String filename)
at Resources.Sprites.SpritesheetManager.AddSpriteSheet(String key)
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

So:

slips
mid-off
mid-on
cover
short leg

?

Yeah sounds good. Also wanted to give my suport for your decision to postpone the release of the game to look at the posibility of new models etcetera. On another note I had a conversation with Jamie Firth as I had notified him about the depth of your game and what was possible. He was very impressed by the depth and available options. One thing he noted which I feel I should pass on is the use of official names. He said that is risky if you wish to commercially sell the product...better to have spoof names and a good editor. Dont know if that really is the case but as he is in the buisness he should know. Jamie is the producer of Ashes 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread