Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@plexus: Hmm, what version did you upgrade from?

@Dutchad: You're quite right, I actually have the mangled names already generated. I just forgot to include them in the patches. Will do so for the next patch. Thanks for reminding me!

Haven't really played much of the game yet, but would it be worth putting in an option to simulate games during career mode even if you're playing in it?

@Storer11: You can simulate parts of the game where you're not actively involved, i.e. bowling/batting. The rest you need to play. I'm going to be adding fielding to the next patch, but I'll let the player skip through that.

@Ashu: Hmm, can you give me an example screenshot mockup?

well just simple yellow rectangles will do......

Well I clicked no detail in field editor and Tada..... crash!!!!!!!! :mad

Code:
RUN @ 17/04/2013 3:52:57 PM

VERSION: 2.542
PROFILE: Ashu

MESSAGE: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

STACK TRACE:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateFieldEditor.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2)
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

Whether or not you want to hack the game is your business. I haven't gone out of my way to implement DRM because I hate it. I don't own any games that implement DRM simply based on principle.

That being said, I will not offer support to people who have hacked versions.

No kurt I was trolling you sorry...

----------

Just Joking to test ya.... :lol :p ;)

----------

Actually I just edited the text in the error code.... that's it and sorry again for this joke....

----------

and myself wanting to be helpful to you wont hack your own game.... Hope you forgive me... :(

Anti Hacking

Who???
I know how it feels when you put your all hard-work into test and someone cheats it.... (correct me if you find mistakes plz)

then what are you waiting for??? me to hack it....... nope because i don't know how to..... :p then imply some new technique behind the registration process maybe certifying the registration yourself (i know it's impossible)....

@Ashu: Nah, like I said, I don't believe in DRM - if it means fewer sales, so be it. I can add an online registration process, but I want to avoid that. You should be able to just install the game and play without any hassles.

@kurtkz: I resumed a saved career mode file, went to click 'Career' and then 'Rankings', then this error log comes up (tried this twice and happens on both occasions):

MESSAGE: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateCharSheet.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateCharSheet.cs:line 1468
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 17416
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 4373

EDIT: Went to try net practice too and the bowling marker is missing when batting (can't see where the ball is pitching)

Last edited:
@itay: What version are you running at the moment? I only noticed the net practice bug this morning (and have since fixed it). I'll try to release another update tomorrow...

@plexus: Hmm, what version did you upgrade from?

@Dutchad: You're quite right, I actually have the mangled names already generated. I just forgot to include them in the patches. Will do so for the next patch. Thanks for reminding me!

The last version you had on here, 2.541?... I did the same thing at worked and it went ok but when I got home and did the exact same thing, I got that error.

I know you dont want to implement DRM but have you thought of just implementing some kind of server side check for the serial? I mean your going to have online parts of it anyway with facebook and stuff and I wouldnt have thought a server-side check would be that invasive, especially if it means you lose on money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread