Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Storer11: You can simulate parts of the game where you're not actively involved, i.e. bowling/batting. The rest you need to play. I'm going to be adding fielding to the next patch, but I'll let the player skip through that.

Will there be an option to be able to simulate the whole game without going into it at all?
Might make it better for those who don't want to play every game.

@plexus: Is the Action Replay set to "ON"? And do you prefer the camera to move with the ball during lbw referrals?

EDIT: Oh and I'll speed up the pull shot animation.

EDIT: You need to go Options -> Gameplay -> Action Replay.

Me personally, I preferred the camera tracking the ball down the pitch so you could see if it was going the hit the stumps/bails. Where as now, its hard to make out with the camera all the way back.

But thats just Me. :)

@itay: What version are you running at the moment? I only noticed the net practice bug this morning (and have since fixed it). I'll try to release another update tomorrow...

Latest patch (v2.542)

Kurt, Just wanted to ask you about the picture I uploaded. Was playing a game and go caught behind but I noticed that from when the ball 'edged off my bat' it was not anywhere close to the bat. The picture shows the line of the ball and then where it deviates once it takes the edge but as you can see the ball is nowhere near the bat.

Is that a physics thing or a game engine thing?

Attachments

• 2013-04-18_144355.jpg
    2013-04-18_144355.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 9
@plexus: No problem - I'll switch it back :)

@itay: I'll release another patch later today that should resolve the issues you raised yesterday.

@Storer: Unfortunately allowing the player to sim games that he would've played in in career mode would break it. It wouldn't be a true reflection of a career anymore, especially when you consider that the stats are uploaded to a server and made public. I still need to do the website to show the stats, but it's all in place.

----------

@plexus: It's a bit of both. The collisions are only approximate. I tested it using exact collisions a while back and realised that it was *extremely* difficult to actually hit the ball. This is partly due to the models I'm using, but also due to the fact that I'm not using inverse kinematics (to dynamically adjust the player stance so that the bat follows the ball).

----------

EDIT: @plexus: I'll try to enable exact collisions again. It won't be today, but hopefully by Sunday.

@plexus: It's a bit of both. The collisions are only approximate. I tested it using exact collisions a while back and realised that it was *extremely* difficult to actually hit the ball. This is partly due to the models I'm using, but also due to the fact that I'm not using inverse kinematics (to dynamically adjust the player stance so that the bat follows the ball).

----------

EDIT: @plexus: I'll try to enable exact collisions again. It won't be today, but hopefully by Sunday.

Thanks for explaining that for me :)
Ive noticed it before but not as much as when you see it in 'action replay' form and I completely understand how hard it would be to implement a spot on perfect collision physics engine (The reason why no game has perfected that yet, TAOC was very close but look where that is).

If you think that 'Exact Collisions' is something that could would then by all means enable it and perfect it but not if its going to set you back :)

then it would be better if you use the fund to imply that engine if possible and I will manage player models again..... ;) coz I AM BACK!!

@plexus: I'll see what I can do :)

@Ashu: Thanks for the offer, but I think the emphasis needs to be graphics more than gameplay at this point. Improving the graphics will have a greater effect than improving the physics. I've asked Buko for a quote so I'll see what they come up with.

I honestly don't know how good their 'AAA' models would be considering they only advertise that they do low poly models. The ones we have now are pretty low poly, and quality

@Ashu: Yup, but new models would also mean new animations...

@DM: Agreed, but that's my fault - I asked them to work within my budget (which was pretty damned small) and that's what I got. 3D modeling & animation are ridiculously expensive which is why everyone needs to maintain perspective :) It's not going to be AAA, but I've asked them for quotes for models that could match BLC 2007 (without the normal maps).

Normal maps are just your super-realistic bump aren't they? Just remember I'm studying this stuff, so you can always count on me. Click this link to see some of my work: Images - CJ Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread