Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup here's my planning I will copy your animations and then aply on my models and then I'll UVW wrap them and then i'll give you and then i'll do new animations..... :)

If I understand you correctly you are intending to copy over the IK links from one low quality model to a high quality model? So you're attempting to build a plane with a car engine?

and also kurt for the physics thing you're quite wrong.... Anyone remembers cricket 2002... it had brilliant graphics (models) but the ball seems to hit the pads but calculations show that it hit the bat.... so improve physics.... :D

----------

@ dm:Maybe :p but improvising is a phase too.... I'll improve them :D

----------

and the whole CH team is online...... i mean testing and those who are active....

----------

oh btw, thanks for saying my models High quality ones.... :D

As I expected, a gfx makeover with AAA quality models is going to cost upwards of $100k. As much as I believe in the game, an indiegogo campaign for it won't succeed at that level. As such, the graphics will either need to stay as-is or I can make incremental improvements which will likely cost anywhere from $5-10k. That's a much more realistic target.

Kurt, I know Buko have done everything to do with the models and stuff for this game but have you tried to see if there is more competitive pricing out there to get what you need done?
Obviously in this day and age there are HEAPS of people who can do what Buko can do and I think you would be robbing yourself of a great chance if you didnt atleast ask the question.

Yup, I've checked with a few guys from the PolyCount forums and to get something of similar quality (ito animation) requires motion capture. I guess I could try to find some kind of middleground, but it won't be cheap either way. Art is expensive. There's no way around it.

Yup, I've checked with a few guys from the PolyCount forums and to get something of similar quality (ito animation) requires motion capture. I guess I could try to find some kind of middleground, but it won't be cheap either way. Art is expensive. There's no way around it.

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way knocking Bukos work.

I wouldn't have imagined that the guys who 'made' TAOC would have put nearly that amount of money in only to see nothing released, amazing really.

Maybe it might be easier if you go in smaller steps? Start an IndieGogo and maybe try for $10k, enough to polish what you need to and then work from there?

Ah, you see, there's the rub - it's different when the artist is working on the project for profitshare and not upfront payment :) Ask LM what it would've cost him to outsource the modeling & animation and it'll likely come out to at least $10k :P

Yeah, I'll probably try for somewhere around $12.5k and go from there.

Sorry to be a pain but i am having real trouble with batting. I am trying to practice in the nets. I have now managed to make the cone move by pressing I and a direction...A or D.....now when I wish to bat nothing seems to happen except the guy just lifts his bat as if leaving the ball......another problem is that as I is also the run mechanism it crashes each time I press it too long in the nets because of course I cannot run but the game somehow thinks i want to.....not sure if this is the case but that's what i think I have figured out. I have looked at the help file but what is described there doesn't happen in my game...

I do not see a bar indicating I have selected back or front foot......the direction arrows do move the player....when I press s (+) nothing seems to happen.

I am really just not getting it and am becoming a tad frustrated by it all because I want to get on and enjoy the game but cant....

@Dutchad: Sorry about that mate, I'll test it out tonight and give you feedback. Are you using the cone method?

Yeah. I feel I am following all the info i can gather but am still not doing something right.....the buttons for taking a shot are as i understand them as follow...

Position the cone by pressing I and a direction button until in the desired direction

select back foot or front foot O and I

select player position with A D W X etc

use S to hit the shot......what should I be seeing if I have done all that , presuming this is correct?

^^You might want to try the non-cone mode of batting. I had tried the cone-method earlier and found it very difficult.

Cheers Pat. That helped a lot. Batting is easier without the cone I find....and Kurt it is definitely I in the net practice that I chucking it out for me....also in career mode if I pick myself to start bowling the game freezes........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread