Cricket Leagues - Support and Advice

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Players are there but their ratings might need to be done again given their recent form and stuff. But, I agree it is a fantastic sim!

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hello, guys.

This summer is going to be pretty hectic for me because it's going to be GCSE exam time. (Yay.)

As a result, I'm going to have to take a break from running leagues for a while, so I was wondering if there was anything you particularly want me to run before I go and after this IPL season is done.

I've got loads of ideas, so maybe if you pick one? I dunno which one to do, so just all tell me what you want, and I'll start the prep work so it ends up being the best league this forum has ever seen.

• All-England Premier League - A huge league featuring only English players
  • Atlantic Premier League - Eight teams, four from England, one from Ireland and three from the West Indies
  • Super12 Cricket - Like the rugby. 4 SA teams, 4 Aus, 3 NZ, 1 Zim
  • Global Cricket League - 10 teams from associate nations, with some local players and al the best in the world too.
  • Desert Classic - Lots of Namibian teams, 3 Namibians each, the rest featuring the best players from around the world.
  • Something else - I can't think of everything.

Whatever you pick will only last for one season initially. I just want it to be the best season this forum ever sees.

Last edited:

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Definitely England League, I was going to do one but you will do a much better job. That one will be good.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Well, I wouldn't want to stop you if it's something you want to do.

Nah mate, you are awesome at all these league. Take it away.

We will see what your decision is at the end, and which idea other members also prefer.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
New Idea!!!- I think....

So I was planning for a long time. But I finally got a break and a decent one at that. (my AS exams aren't until late May) So here is an idea, I had a few days back.

I was thinking of an All English League (not copied The Author's idea :p). Maybe 8 teams (to be finalized on interest)

Format: 50 overs??

How is it different
Basically, after every 3 rounds the English team would play an overseas team e.g. India, Pakistan etc. And the highest or best performers in the league would get in to the England side for players that were not preforming. E.g. Say Steve Davies had a great batting average in the season he would replace Craig Keiswetter in the England line-up. Hope that makes sense.

Now each time a player from your team plays for the national side, you get 1 point and any extraordinary performance (e.g. Hundred, 5-for) would award points to your team. These points can then be used after a few rounds on sending a player away for training. This player would miss one game but when he comes back, his batting average or bowling average would have benefited for the rest of the season.

I am thinking of a Double-Round Robin for this idea.

Edit: (experience) I have managed the PPL before, but truthfully that was my rookie league. I learned a lot about how the sim works and how to select bowlers, and truth be told I had little knowledge of Pakistani domestic. However, my knowledge of English league is pretty decent and the cricinfo stats are completely available for help. Plus, most of the people here, know English domestic circuit pretty well.

So I am looking for some experienced managers for teams ( give it a shot guys :D) , who have knowledge and experience. And I believe I can make this league work.

What do you guys think? Any interests in the league or refinement to any of the details?

Any advice, just throw them at me. :)

Last edited:

Ahmad Shah

Panel of Selectors
Super12 Cricket is something I would like because it features Aus, SA, NZ and Zim teams or Global Cricket League would be great too.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hello, guys.

This summer is going to be pretty hectic for me because it's going to be GCSE exam time. (Yay.)

As a result, I'm going to have to take a break from running leagues for a while, so I was wondering if there was anything you particularly want me to run before I go and after this IPL season is done.

I've got loads of ideas, so maybe if you pick one? I dunno which one to do, so just all tell me what you want, and I'll start the prep work so it ends up being the best league this forum has ever seen.

• All-England Premier League - A huge league featuring only English players
  • Atlantic Premier League - Eight teams, four from England, one from Ireland and three from the West Indies
  • Super12 Cricket - Like the rugby. 4 SA teams, 4 Aus, 3 NZ, 1 Zim
  • Global Cricket League - 10 teams from associate nations, with some local players and al the best in the world too.
  • Desert Classic - Lots of Namibian teams, 3 Namibians each, the rest featuring the best players from around the world.
  • Something else - I can't think of everything.

Whatever you pick will only last for one season initially. I just want it to be the best season this forum ever sees.

I prefer you starting an Atlantic Premier League.

MrNginator

International Coach
NZ....
Profile Flag
New Zealand
The Atlantic Premier League seems fair enough to be honest or the Super12 Cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread