Cricket Leagues - Support and Advice

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
I need your advice guys . My EPL is on the verge of being complete , should I start a new season . I really need to study now a days . MCQ's coming up . I don't want to fail

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well are there any 60 over simulators around? Haven't used CricSim for a long time so forgot if it allows you to play 60 overs cricket.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Okay, just to elucidate what I'm talking about I had a brilliant idea of a league. What if all the historical world cups were recreating on a simulator? What would the results look like? Who'd be greatest world cup players of all time? 'Recreating History', is the league where the pinnacle of ODI cricket, the world cup, is replayed right from 1976 to 2011.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
That sounds like a great idea in practice, but it'd require a hell of a lot of commitment from you. I assume you'd use the same squads that were actually used?

Varun

ICC Board Member
I think yes, only with lineups by managers. Perhaps would work better as a story, but I've got no time for that. If I'm free, would do it over the course of the year, although other managers can assist. I'd most certainly need a co-manager I guess, since I've been thinking of resuming 'A' Championship after my exams as well for a season or two.

Varun

ICC Board Member
There's only 10 world cups btw (so low now that I think of it) so it shouldn't be much of a problem. The main concern would be finding a 60 overs sim for the early world cups if possible (Cricksim doesn't, try PCCS if anyone has it, else we'd have to stick with 50 overs) and adjusting the ratings to account for the run-rate of that era.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Okay, just to elucidate what I'm talking about I had a brilliant idea of a league. What if all the historical world cups were recreating on a simulator? What would the results look like? Who'd be greatest world cup players of all time? 'Recreating History', is the league where the pinnacle of ODI cricket, the world cup, is replayed right from 1976 to 2011.

I was thinking of starting such a league where managers could pick a squad from any one of the ten editions of the Cricket World Cup that have taken place so far but then shifted my plans to restarting ELA. I reckon its a great idea and I'd surely love to take part if you start it.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
I was thinking of starting such a league where managers could pick a squad from any one of the ten editions of the Cricket World Cup that have taken place so far but then shifted my plans to restarting ELA. I reckon its a great idea and I'd surely love to take part if you start it.

And it is a hell of a lot of work, and how can you compare the cricketers of then, to cricketers of now (for the ratings)

shoaib1340

School Cricketer
its very important the ratings of players but in my opinion there is a need to maintain the international cricket and leagues sepretly.average is important for ranking players in international cricket in evey department odi t20 test game.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Thanks riz. I am officially saying I'm going to run it, but not sure if a story would be better.

takerlive

School Cricketer
Hey, friends, I am a new user here...I wanted to join one of the cricket leagues running on here..but I don't know where to join?? None of the leagues have a space left where I can join? I really want to be a part of this cricket league thing my friends..please tell me about where I can join??

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Managers of leagues, usually make a post in the "Announcements" thread, when they have a vacancy. :)

Also look out for new leagues that are looking for people to sign-up.

Users who are viewing this thread