Cricket Leagues - Support and Advice

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Nice work there with the forumlae, but there's a major flaw. You need to have total runs, etc. to have accurate net run rate. There should be a way to calculate that as well. :)

I have a calculations which adds all the NRR together:cheers

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
You don't add the net run rate in individual matches. You have to add all the scores and all the overs and make a separate net run rate which takes into account all of the scores of all the games a team has played. :)

Ahh my bad:facepalm ill try get that sorted ASAP

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Some important points:

*When you're giving over values, make sure you enter:

0.17 instead of 0.1
0.33 instead of 0.2
0.50 instead of 0.3
0.67 instead of 0.4
0.83 instead of 0.5

That's because you'll want to have the exact number of overs with ten decimal places to get accurate NRR. Since overs are made with 6 balls, 3 balls are written as 0.3, whereas the actual value is 0.5.

Okay. I have seen your excel sheets and that's a really good work but, this thing here is what I have the solution for. Below is the sheet for NRR calculation and an automatically generated points table as well if you follow the instructions correctly. This sheet contains the data from the recently finished IPL PC Style III. It is for 8 teams playing each other twice. Very very easy to add/delete the number of teams and rounds.

You just need to enter the runs/overs for and against for a particular team and the number or wins/loses/ties which appear in white cells after the team name. Only enter data in the cells which are white. Rest will be done by itself! No need to convert the overs at all. Enter as you see them. You will get the NRR for each team plus the points table at the bottom of the sheet. Follow the instructions in there on how to get the points table in the correct order. Takes less than a minute to do it. Hopefully this is helpful for people over here.

The archive has the IPL data while the excel file is a blank one which is ready to use! :)

Credits: Fenil, whose similar sheet inspired me to carry this forward. His work was inspired by Swirler.

Attachments

• NRR & Points table.rar
    20.7 KB · Views: 63
  • NRR & Points table.xlsx
    21.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Just decided to test it using the blank template and entered the scores of the current SAPL. Here is the table generated in less than a minute using my excel sheet.

attachment.php

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...i-round-7-lineups-thread-big-upset-79156.html

The NRR is correct in my table I believe as I have tested it thoroughly. :)

Attachments

• SAPL - R5.jpg
    SAPL - R5.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 428

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Just decided to test it using the blank template and entered the scores of the current SAPL. Here is the table generated in less than a minute using my excel sheet.

attachment.php

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...i-round-7-lineups-thread-big-upset-79156.html

The NRR is correct in my table I believe as I have tested it thoroughly. :)

Yup mine was a bit off there I just had downloaded your excel and thank you so much it is really helpful very well put together and really clean.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Does anyone have a excel spreadsheet that calculates most valuable player?
Basically this explains the formula used. It will be easiest to probably use Simon's stats spreadsheet and edit it and somehow add in the formula:cheers

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I have found a Fantasy Cricket Calculator. Not sure if it counts correctly or not because none of the staff members including the Fantasy cricket team members I contact denied nor confirmed if the calculator is correct. Anyways, I am uploading the same here for those who count Most Valued Player (MVP) points in their leagues. This is a jar file and it runs on Java.

Attachments

• Fantasy Calc RAR.rar
    6.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Fantasy Calc ZIP.zip
    7 KB · Views: 14

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Nice work Gaurav. I see you have also managed to use the formula for the balls in an over. Well done. It will be a good tool for the league managers who run limited overs' tournaments.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
I had this problem before i reinstalled the sim and it worked :cheers

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Does anyone else have to 'bug' in Seyedur Rehmans simulator where they cant save files at the end of a match? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread