Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Cricket Leagues' started by MattW, Jan 2, 2011.
I have a calculations which adds all the NRR together
You don't add the net run rate in individual matches. You have to add all the scores and all the overs and make a separate net run rate which takes into account all of the scores of all the games a team has played.
Ahh my bad ill try get that sorted ASAP
So I have been developing this file for sometime now to calculate stats manually for in-depth and accurate statistics for leagues. The file I've attached is for 6 teams, 17 players a squad and 10 rounds - for the league I'll be running after ICCL. If you need more players/teams, send me a VM/PM, or if you can, edit it yourself.
Instructions on how each sheet works:
1. The first sheet tracks scores and standings, and calculates run rates for corresponding teams automatically when scores are updated. To sort the points table, select all the data including headers, right click, go to sort, and click on custom sort. Then just press OK and the points table will be sorted automatically.
Some important points:
*When you're giving over values, make sure you enter:
0.17 instead of 0.1
0.33 instead of 0.2
0.50 instead of 0.3
0.67 instead of 0.4
0.83 instead of 0.5
That's because you'll want to have the exact number of overs with ten decimal places to get accurate NRR. Since overs are made with 6 balls, 3 balls are written as 0.3, whereas the actual value is 0.5.*If a team loses all wickets in an innings, always count the overs as 50, or whatever the number of overs there are in an innings. Regardless of how many overs the team has played when being bowled out.*When sorting the points table, do NOT select the positions column of the table. Leave it out of the selection when sorting the rest of the data.
2. The second sheet tracks overall batting and fielding stats. This is fairly simple. Click on those arrow thingies to sort out each type of data, player by player, team by team. You have to input data manually (averages and strike-rates calculated automatically). You can also sort the "top batsmen" - the same way as points table.
3. The third sheet tracks overall bowling stats. Same as the batting/fielding stats, except bowling figures don't sort properly. You have to input data manually (averages and strike-rates calculated automatically). You can also sort the "top bowlers" - the same way as points table.
4. The fourth sheet is a list of batting innings by player. You'll have to enter the data manually. To sort, do it like the points table. Just leave out the "No." column. It contains 200 entries, but you can easily increase the number by selecting the last two cells, and drag it down from a corner (there should a thin plus icon that comes up when you move the cursor there). For/against are just the team names.
5. The fifth sheet is a list of bowling figures by player. Same as the batting innings. An important note though:
*Input both overs and balls manually to get accurate economy rate. Same reason as the Net Run Rate calculation in the first sheet. E.g. If overs are 3.4, enter it as 3.4 in the Overs column, but enter (3x6)+4=22 in the Balls column. If you're using this for actual stats by taking screenshots, leave the Balls column out of the picture.
6. The sixth and final sheet is a list of dismissals by player, by match. You have to enter number of catches and stumpings, and the total number of dismissals are calculated automatically. Sorted and number of players increased in the same way.
Again, if you need more teams/players/rounds, don't feel shy to message me!
If you think I'm missing something, do tell me so.
Okay. I have seen your excel sheets and that's a really good work but, this thing here is what I have the solution for. Below is the sheet for NRR calculation and an automatically generated points table as well if you follow the instructions correctly. This sheet contains the data from the recently finished IPL PC Style III. It is for 8 teams playing each other twice. Very very easy to add/delete the number of teams and rounds.
You just need to enter the runs/overs for and against for a particular team and the number or wins/loses/ties which appear in white cells after the team name. Only enter data in the cells which are white. Rest will be done by itself! No need to convert the overs at all. Enter as you see them. You will get the NRR for each team plus the points table at the bottom of the sheet. Follow the instructions in there on how to get the points table in the correct order. Takes less than a minute to do it. Hopefully this is helpful for people over here.
The archive has the IPL data while the excel file is a blank one which is ready to use!
Credits: Fenil, whose similar sheet inspired me to carry this forward. His work was inspired by Swirler.
Just decided to test it using the blank template and entered the scores of the current SAPL. Here is the table generated in less than a minute using my excel sheet.
The NRR is correct in my table I believe as I have tested it thoroughly.
Yup mine was a bit off there I just had downloaded your excel and thank you so much it is really helpful very well put together and really clean.
@User, just tried your Excel file - works perfectly. Great job. That's the part I was having trouble with. Mind if I use the formula so I can update my file?
Does anyone have a excel spreadsheet that calculates most valuable player?
Basically this explains the formula used. It will be easiest to probably use Simon's stats spreadsheet and edit it and somehow add in the formula
I have found a Fantasy Cricket Calculator. Not sure if it counts correctly or not because none of the staff members including the Fantasy cricket team members I contact denied nor confirmed if the calculator is correct. Anyways, I am uploading the same here for those who count Most Valued Player (MVP) points in their leagues. This is a jar file and it runs on Java.
Nice work Gaurav. I see you have also managed to use the formula for the balls in an over. Well done. It will be a good tool for the league managers who run limited overs' tournaments.
It's been quite a while since I am recieving this error in cricsim.
Can anyone please help?
I had this problem before i reinstalled the sim and it worked
Does anyone else have to 'bug' in Seyedur Rehmans simulator where they cant save files at the end of a match? Does anyone know how to fix it?