Cricket on YOU TUBE / Anyone tape cricket off tv?

I have my 'room', they are all stored well in huge cases that hold 1000 dvd's. Got 25 guitars in that room too, it gets tight! When I met my wife 11 years ago I had videos all over the house, and she stayed!

Dont know how to put them on the internet, and really have no desire too. And definitely not selling them, that would be most illegal.

Dont know how to put them on the internet, and really have no desire too. And definitely not selling them, that would be most illegal.

If you are not selling them, then put them on the internet, in the name of cricket, plzzz :D

If they are VCR tapes, you can convert them to digital with a dvd burner. Then put those dvd's on the internet (with a computer that has a dvd player).

I have no home recorded videos left, all have been transferred to dvd about 7 years ago. Still have all the commercially released videos, about 400 of them since the earely 80's. Why would I want to spend my valuable time putting them on the internet??? The ONLY way I give away footage is through an equal trade.

I hate these days of people wanting something for nothing.

As a England fan I have been taping cricket matches none stop in my 15 years of watching cricket. Along with buying a few DVDs of famous series (ENG wins in PAK/SRI 2000, Ashes 05, vs SA 98 etc)

But in the last 2-3 years alot of them have gotten fungus & i dont tape as much as before.

Fungus really? Thats terrible! I have a handful of videos that I have kept but also transferred to dvd. Some tapes are from the early 80's and are perfectly fine still, good old durable videos!

I have no home recorded videos left, all have been transferred to dvd about 7 years ago. Still have all the commercially released videos, about 400 of them since the earely 80's. Why would I want to spend my valuable time putting them on the internet??? The ONLY way I give away footage is through an equal trade.

I hate these days of people wanting something for nothing.

If you don't trade money, then what do you trade? BTW why is selling it illegal?

I usually trade for other matches I dont have, and I dont have everything I want yet.

How is selling illegal?? Are you nuts Tum? I cant go around selling footage I dont have the rights for. People get jail time for downloading movies/songs etc and THEN selling them on ebay, crazy story just last year of a single mum here in Melbourne who got fined $750,000 for selling cd's of downloaded material. If you'd spent thousands and thousands of dollars building up a collection over 25 years you wouldnt risk losing it by selling a few games for a few dollars and risk getting caught. I trade with many guys all over the world who have bigger collections than me, and its a mutual respect thing. Once I did 'give' a few rare matches to a guy who was really nice, two weeks later he is selling them on ebay and made close to $500 on them. So you can understand my reluctance to do anything dumb when it doesnt really benefit me in the slightest. Occasionally i'll meet up with guys from the MCG cricket museum who have nice big collections too, its fun. When I was young I found it hard to get access to older collectors matches, one thing they never wanted was money, its quite a little commumity actually. A few times a year i'll meet with a few private collectors like myself and we have a cricket weekend where we bring some matches that they've gotten hold of, awesome stuff. Ive learnt the hard way to be patient and never piss anyone off. Once a friend of mine got a job at Nine, and got me into see one of the cricket archive guys, I went about it all wrong and blew the opportunity, I was so angry at myself for not being more respectful, and I was kinda cocky about and I blew it. That was about 15 years ago when I was trying to get hold of the 79/80 test series vs WI.

Fungus really? Thats terrible! I have a handful of videos that I have kept but also transferred to dvd. Some tapes are from the early 80's and are perfectly fine still, good old durable videos!

Lucky you. I have been thinking of trying to get those old cassetts tranffered to DVD, but these days i dont have time. I just depend on memory if i can't look back.

Users who are viewing this thread