dbc hacks: fearsome tweak v2.90 +minigame v0.03

@Langeveldt I've been thinking about your issues more.

What fields are you using mate? Just wondering if there's something in your field the AI can't handle. As @wealey88 pointed out the fields make quite a difference and the AI needs an outlet

@Langeveldt I've been thinking about your issues more.

What fields are you using mate? Just wondering if there's something in your field the AI can't handle. As @wealey88 pointed out the fields make quite a difference and the AI needs an outlet

Haha thanks, yes I have plenty of 'issues'. I do not touch the field settings at all from whatever is chosen when the bowler starts.

Playing legend, v1.02 normal pressure bowling as England ATB v West Indies ATB.

Started off and it was carnage. They were scoring about 8 an over. Lara and Greenidge racked up 127 for the first wicket in no time. Got Lara for 84 off 60-odd.

Began to slow the scoring and nipped a few wickets out. They were still 165/3 at lunch from 31 overs!!

Now 78 overs gone and they 330/8.

Only taken 1 wicket from an edge (wicketkeeper catch from spinner) but had 6 edges overall. In addition to the wicket 2 off the spinner to vacant area and one dropped off the spinner at 5th slip.

1 off med-fast bowler flew over slips, 1 just wide of dive from backward point.

6 edges in an innings on legend!!

it will be ready soon, sorry for the delay, these things can really tire the brain, i'm getting old ^^

Take your time mate!![DOUBLEPOST=1465251789][/DOUBLEPOST]Had a @Langeveldt nightmare tonight... couldn't get mikey holding out. Ended up jacking the pressure to high then very high. 2 balls on very high, edge went like an exocet over backward point for 4; next ball LBW.

WI ATB 393 all out from 94+ overs. I'm 11/0.

Take your time mate!![DOUBLEPOST=1465251789][/DOUBLEPOST]Had a @Langeveldt nightmare tonight... couldn't get mikey holding out. Ended up jacking the pressure to high then very high. 2 balls on very high, edge went like an exocet over backward point for 4; next ball LBW.

WI ATB 393 all out from 94+ overs. I'm 11/0.

Or maybe my problem lies in the top order not being good enough? My issue is that I cannot spot any difference in any of the AI batsmen, not necessarily that the tailenders are too strong. When the game came out I ran some averages, and found that after about 10 innings (i think of me bowling), everyone averaged between 16 and 21, regardless of them being James Anderson or Sachin Tendulkar.

Or maybe my problem lies in the top order not being good enough? My issue is that I cannot spot any difference in any of the AI batsmen, not necessarily that the tailenders are too strong. When the game came out I ran some averages, and found that after about 10 innings (i think of me bowling), everyone averaged between 16 and 21, regardless of them being James Anderson or Sachin Tendulkar.

No there was a difference. Lara smashed me all over the park, Greenidge went off like a rocket then consolidated. Holding accumulated and rode his luck.

It was a great innings. I'm still new to Legend and it was tough. I'd say only 1 of the 10 dismissals (Somerset hitting to mid-on) was a cheap dismissal.

The tail (except holding) did worse than the top order. Holding was the first batsman 8 or lower to score more than 30 against me in the whole time I've been playing the hack.

No there was a difference. Lara smashed me all over the park, Greenidge went off like a rocket then consolidated. Holding accumulated and rode his luck.

It was a great innings. I'm still new to Legend and it was tough. I'd say only 1 of the 10 dismissals (Somerset hitting to mid-on) was a cheap dismissal.

The tail (except holding) did worse than the top order. Holding was the first batsman 8 or lower to score more than 30 against me in the whole time I've been playing the hack.

And the game is obviously vastly different out of the box now. From smashing to mid off and on cheaply, to lots of edges, to no edges. At least these hacks look like real cricket.

I'm going to have a look at Zimbabwe who have some quicker seamers. I've got a feeling AI batsmen really struggle to play the very slow medium pacers of Bermuda.

UPDATE - Australia 268 all out. 56 for Voges, 38 not out for Sir Donald Hazlewood. They dealt far better with the pace on the ball, with there being no medium pacers. I also used attacking fields with plenty of space for runs. I managed to get two run outs.

Last edited:
So I started playing Afghanistan vs Australia as part of my story that you can find in my signature. I was playing revamped test (50 overs a day instead of 90). Australia decided to bat first. Burns and Warner batted out for Australia at Melbourne and while Burns was cautious, Warner smacked me around for runs (just like how it would happen in real life). Burns was the first wicket to go as Australia were like 40 odd for 1. Smith came out and positively batted while Warner continued bashing me around the park. What was good to see in Warner's batting was he was playing all around the park and not just one direction. Smith soon departed and so did Warner. Australia were 100/3 roughly. Finch and Voges were at the crease and played some shots. Some misses, there was lots of spin bowling and lots of plays and misses. They built a steady partnership before getting out to spin. N Zadran bowled beautifully. In the end Australia kept losing wicket at regular interval. Australia were bowled out for 231 runs at the end of 49th over on Day 1.

I thought I would play the second innings tomorrow. I clicked on menu and the game crashed :(. Played the entire first innings all 49 overs, The hack seems to crash sometimes when we click on menu, this has happened before. I was playing with 1.02 on High Pressure.

That being said, an auto save feature is mandatory and should be part of DBC17 what do you say guys?

Game 1 Using Max Stats Batsmen vs AI
IND(me) vs AUS, 278-10 off 33 overs
Veteran Difficulty, Cloudy

@blockerdave @wealey88 So I played my first innings with the max stat batsmen and I think I could have got 300+ if I didn't run myself out 3 times + went into DGAF mode once Nehra came in to bat. Generally batting was very easy, I played a shot every ball and I think I was 147-3 at 12 overs or so, all my dismissals excluding the run outs and the lbw were from nicks and also got a few nicks that went into gaps. I know it's only one match but I guess so far it looks like having max stats is no good which is sort of annoying as we'll have to keep changing the stats depending on who we play.

Will keep you updated on my 2nd match and here is scorecard

Attachments

• 20160607205458_1.jpg
    20160607205458_1.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread