DBC14 | Full Game Play with BARS Video

I agree with AngryPixel, the seam was pointing towards fine leg and it should have come IN to the batsman.
SeamPosition.JPG

Great Michael Holding once said that the job of the bowler is to land the bowl on the seam. Even the greats were not sure which way it will swing. I do not mind a lot of variability. Like the real thing you can never have full control.

Last edited:
^ That screenshot actually looks like a real shot taken straight out from a television :eek:

Also got to observe the grass on the pitch which obviously led to the downfall of the batsman :p As we all know, we Indians struggle on green top pitches.

^ That screenshot actually looks like a real shot taken straight out from a television :eek:

Also got to observe the grass on the pitch which obviously led to the downfall of the batsman :p As we all know, we Indians struggle on green top pitches.

If you play that shot for that ball .. you deserve to get out :p

Isn't it great though that you have been given enough information and visuals so as to make an informed choice?

I can't deliver what you have imagined, I can deliver the best Cricket game to date by what I beleive is a reasonable margin. I have repeatably pointed out that this is not FIFA, not Madden, we do not have that budget.

----------

It won't be a Saturday.

Certainly we are not expecting it to be FIFA-sque level but then why you are charging $30 bucks more than Fifa 14? It would be great if it is priced normal like Fifa ,NBA games

Certainly we are not expecting it to be FIFA-sque level but then why you are charging $30 bucks more than Fifa 14? It would be great if it is priced normal like Fifa ,NBA games

No release date and pricing has been announced so far...please wait for official announcement...:cheers

Lets move on from bowling animation. What is done is done and looks awesome to me but maybe not to all. Like ross said they have plans to add more variations in future releases and I am sure he will do include them. Personally i would love to get an exact copy of dale steyn's bowling style, but that is all for the later.

In the mean time lets ponder about this....the wicketkeeper actually follows the line of the ball and the smooth movement of the slip fielder and the way he picks up and throws the ball...did it ever look this good in any cricket game?

Please know that the bowler bowling was a left handed if right handed then you are right but for left handed its opposite.....:cheers

I don't think it matters what handed the bowler is, shouldn't the thing that matters be the handedness of the batsman? Because most bowlers can usually make the seam point either way, and only according to the handedness of the batsmen do we say it's pointing towards the slips, or fine leg.
I may not have explained it very well, and may be wrong though.:)

I agree with AngryPixel, the seam was pointing towards fine leg and it should have come IN to the batsman.
View attachment 113127

Ok...so a left handler bowling around the wicket bowling an out swinger.......how will the seam look? Just imagine it in your head.

If that was an Inswinger, the ball would be tilting more towards the left with the seam facing fine leg.

Can you show me any Inswing delivery with the ball tilting towards the right, as is seen in that pic?

Sigh.........here we go again. Discussion is great but the level some people are taking it is just beyond belief. Once we get the game the same people will be posting things like.....wow, my six went 134 meters. Such is evolution. Have fun. Need to stick my head in a bucket of bleach.

Users who are viewing this thread