IPL Delhi Daredevils

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Discussion thread for Delhi Daredevils' 2011 IPL campaign.

Squad:

Virender Sehwag (captain)
Morne Morkel
Irfan Pathan
Ashok Dinda

Travis Birt
Colin Ingram
Robert Frylinck
Roelof van der Merwe

Matthew Wade
Andrew McDonald
Ajit Agarkar
Venugopal Rao

Umesh Yadav
Aaron Finch
Naman Ojha
Vikas Mishra

James Hopes
David Warner
Unmukt Chand
Robin Bist

Varun Raymond Aaron
Aavishkar Madhav Salvi
Rajesh Vithal Pawar
Sridharan Sriram

Yogesh Nagar
Vivek Yadav
Ajit Chandila

11syp6r.png

The GMR group has been organizing some practice matches for the Daredevils with two teams formed amongst themselves. I have been constantly following the scores on Facebook and I must admit that a team which looks ordinary on paper has the potential to do wonders on the field.

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
delhi's half of their side is in bangalore's team :lol but still they have warner and sehwag who is very dangerous batsmen and irfan pathan to

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
delhi's half of their side is in bangalore's team
All of our main overseas players are with RCB now, but I am not worried because our coach, Greg Shipperd recommended Warner and Nannes and they did wonders for us. Now we have a lot of players from Victoria, surely on the recommendation of Shipperd and I am sure that he would have done some research before asking the management to go for those players.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
Without Gambhir Delhi's batting line up has a big hole. Warner is a hit or miss kind of a player. Gambhir was more reliable with Sehwag going all guns blazing. Also apart from Irfan and Sehwag they don't really have any big Indian player.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Not saying this because I am a DD supporter, but I am sure that Irfan will do well. I have never questioned his abilities, he his a classic player. He can bat well and when in his grove is lethal with his swinging deliveries.

Sehwag, Irfan, Morkel (not too sure about his performance) and Warner are the four guys who will be forming the base of this team. Looking forward to the performances of Finch, Wade, Ingram, Hopes, McDonald and Dinda.

----------

Gambhir was more reliable with Sehwag going all guns blazing.
Naman Ojha is the guy who will be performing Gambhir's role.

Warner will be opening throughout the tournament with Ojha and Sehwag changing their batting positions. I won't be surprised if I see Sehwag coming in at number 3 in most of the matches.

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
ya irfan will do well and dd have aaron finch as well who is very good t20 player and dd have morne morkel he is also a very good bowler.but without gambhir the team doesn't looks good gambhir and sehwag is a very experience players

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
Naman Ojha is the guy who will be performing Gambhir's role.

Warner will be opening throughout the tournament with Ojha and Sehwag changing their batting positions. I won't be surprised if I see Sehwag coming in at number 3 in most of the matches.

He did a decent job for RR, but I'm not to sure about Sehwag coming in at middle it wont be as effective. Sehwag is best when he comes in first, he can totally demoralize the opposition team.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Sehwag did come in at number 3 or 4 several times in the previous seasons, so I won't be surprised to see him doing it again. But yeah, I agree that he can be completely dominating if he stays at the crease for 5-6 overs.

All that Delhi needs is that Sehwag and Warner open and no wicket falls during the first six overs.

vickyrox

Club Captain
@abhas: my liverpool mate...
Gambhir was the main player around which dd worked...

Users who are viewing this thread